PDA

View Full Version : Stag warranty dept?

luckystrike
10-29-2010, 5:58 PM
are they any good?
I have a problem with my lower being out of spec.
I would like some input before I send anything considered a firearm out of state just incase they try to pull some "our policy is to not send any guns to california" BS.

chomme
10-29-2010, 7:18 PM
They are top notch and will take care of you. Even send you a prepaid label.

Trendkill
10-29-2010, 7:23 PM
Whats the "Out of Spec" problem..???

glockman19
10-29-2010, 7:29 PM
I had an out of spec upper. It just wouldn't shoot straight. They sent out a return label I sent it in and got a new one. Total turnaround time one week

luckystrike
10-29-2010, 7:43 PM
They are top notch and will take care of you. Even send you a prepaid label.

good to hear. Ill give them a ring on monday.

Whats the "Out of Spec" problem..???

the holes for the pin that holds in the hammer are drilled too far up or fowards
resulting in...undesired operation.

I had an out of spec upper. It just wouldn't shoot straight. They sent out a return label I sent it in and got a new one. Total turnaround time one week
that makes me feel better, knowing they have not forsaken california.

Trendkill
10-29-2010, 7:45 PM
Trippy.....I wonder how many they sent out like that..???

killshot44
10-29-2010, 8:04 PM
the holes for the pin that holds in the hammer are drilled too far up or fowards

That is really odd. :confused: Call them up, they'll take care of it 100%.

I'm really not implying anything but, have you assembled Lowers before this one?

luckystrike
10-29-2010, 8:05 PM
Trippy.....I wonder how many they sent out like that..???

not sure, but its forsure the lower itself, tried 4 different FCGs. may just be mine but if there are more..... my serial is 123XXX if that helps (incase its not just mine)

luckystrike
10-29-2010, 8:06 PM
That is really odd. :confused: Call them up, they'll take care of it 100%.

I'm really not implying anything but, have you assembled Lowers before this one?

yeah I will forsure, and negative, this is my 5th build. Like I said I tried 4 different FCGs in this lower

killshot44
10-29-2010, 8:13 PM
Cool. As mentioned, this gets fixed with one phone call. Stag C.S. is excellent.

luckystrike
10-29-2010, 8:22 PM
Cool. As mentioned, this gets fixed with one phone call. Stag C.S. is excellent.

awesome, Ill post updates once everything is said and done.

Average Joe American
10-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Stag offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects. I cant think of any other mid tier AR maker that does that at the moment? Everyone else does a 1 year I believe.

ArkinDomino
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Stag out of spec??? WHA?!?!?

ArkinDomino
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
That is really odd. :confused:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-dog-pictures-oh-really.jpg

Is it really that odd? :D

luckystrike
10-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Stag offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects. I cant think of any other mid tier AR maker that does that at the moment? Everyone else does a 1 year I believe.

Im pretty sure every company worth a damn offers repairs on craftsman/workmanship and factory defects issues. Im pretty sure your right, warranty 1 year, from factory issues they fix regardless (or so they say) Ill have to check on the lifetime warranty tho.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-dog-pictures-oh-really.jpg

Is it really that odd? :D

YA RLY!

HkFan416
10-30-2010, 2:32 AM
Stag out of spec??? WHA?!?!?

:troll:

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
10-30-2010, 8:07 AM
I have friends that have had Stag Arms AR15's for several years now, and haven't had a lick of trouble with them, but it's good to hear their customer service is top notch, I'm picking up my first AR15 today the Stag 8L model for lefty's.

Average Joe American
10-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Your gonna love the model 8. I have one also. Probably not needed but I'd buy a POF roller cam pin ($20) just for peace of mind. Your gonna get a little cam pin wear regardless if its d.i. or piston so the roller cam pin doesnt hurt. Especially right at the beginning of break in.

luckystrike
10-30-2010, 3:07 PM
Your gonna love the model 8. I have one also. Probably not needed but I'd buy a POF roller cam pin ($20) just for peace of mind. Your gonna get a little cam pin wear regardless if its d.i. or piston so the roller cam pin doesnt hurt. Especially right at the beginning of break in.

thats one of the few things I want to upgrade, I like my guns original. :cool2:

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
10-30-2010, 3:44 PM

Thanks Joe American for the heads up on the roller pin, I'll order one to have on hand, Well I got a surprise, as I was headed out to pick up my new Stag 8L, the FedEx driver showed up, I knew it was for me, but when I walked out the drive way he's not at my house but across the street, then I hear him say oh I have the house, so my heart started beating faster, I told him he shouldn't do that to a pard, but any how my Eotech XPS2 from GG&G came in , and it is sweet, the lens covers and quick disconnect already installed, there service is first class, only a few days to receive it, as for my Stag 8L, I couldn't be happier, this is the first real left handed gun I've ever owned, can't wait to get it out to the range.

tEN wOLVES