PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Armory

addiction
10-29-2010, 3:19 PM
I bumped into the owner of Franklin Armory here in Morgan Hill, really nice guy. We spent a bit of time talking about their products and what separates their guns from others.

They have basically two things that make their "special sauce" that we talked about in the short time we had.

1) They have a cool mod which is in their lowers, there is hex bolt in the lower that you can adjust to create a positive stop for the upper as you are closing it which prevents any wiggle between the lower and the upper. Many people run a rubber washer between the two to take up the slack, that works pretty well, but this mod is a much more solid solution, and should not wear out. Plus it is adjustable so you can fit different uppers or take up slack as the upper wears in.

2) The other way they differentiate their guns is that the lower itself is labeled right in the etched markings as a "California Model". The idea being that they will reduce any risk of a user being questioned by LEO if the gun is CA legal. Really the are working to use the KISS principle for gun ownership and reduce any downstream legal issues.

I thought I would post this up so anyone who was thinking about looking at a Franklin Arms AR, they would know that at least the owner is a cool guy, and I would not hesitate to buy one of their guns knowing that they will stand behind it and it is after all a local armory and gun manufacturer, one can only guess at the level of challenges they have had to go through to make that happen.

I have no affiliation with Franklin other than we buy our coffee at the same place....

cheers

Jim

tomd1584
10-29-2010, 4:20 PM
#1 is a answer for a truly non-existent problem, and
#2 is kinda lame, just IMO. If it aint on the list, and its configured correctly, its Legal. No need to have "California Model" on it, or "10 Round Magazine Maximum" engraved on the right side of the magazine well.

Glad the owner is a cool guy. Maybe this will appeal to a specific group, but for most I feel its just a little too much.

YMMV.