PDA

View Full Version : WTB a couple boxes 7.62x39 wold mc hp, yougoslav and brownbear for balistics test

mikemaccham
10-28-2010, 7:37 PM
Hey guys,
So I am a little lost on which ammo is best for 7.62x39 for my converted siaga. I have a couple different types already and am looking to buy a couple boxes of:
brown Bear, POLYMER, not laqor, soft point.
silver bear
golden tiger
wolf military classic hollow point (8m3 bullet)
and of course corosive yougoslavian FMJ (lead core)
I want to buy a couple boxes of each to test for distance, balistics and penitration.
I'd buy them online but can only find bear boxes, not the others, under 100 rounds.
Thanks!

rsrocket1
10-28-2010, 8:18 PM
Oops, sorry, PM'ed you with my recommendations. This is the wrong place for a discussion.

Myzery
10-28-2010, 8:20 PM
I'm curious if you've tested Golden Tiger, Ulyanovsky, Sellier and Bellot SP, Sellier and Bellot FMJ, Wolf, etc., and what your findings were?

I have some of the above ammo if interested for your tests.

mikemaccham
10-28-2010, 8:40 PM
I haven't ( formally). I'm really wondering. Youtube and google didn't have anything, so
I am planning on putting something on. What would you want to see? I figured a 200 yard shot, chest size target (accuracy). some kind of thick penetration, maybe a cinderblock. Soft penetration....not that kind...more like a phone book or ballistic gel.
That would be awesome If I could buy a box of what ever you have, and what ever you think would be interesting to test along side these.
From what I've read these are the ones I'm pretty curios on, if you have others I'd love input.