PDA

View Full Version : DELETE PLEASE

WD562
10-28-2010, 3:39 PM
DELETE PLEASE

halifax
10-28-2010, 3:44 PM
The city permit was the biggest obstacle for me but still not too bad. That was for a 01FFL. ATF came out for an inspection and trainning session. Looked for schools, security, and such. Good luck.

WD562
10-28-2010, 3:56 PM
I got the city permit but I heard ATF requires business hours. Some of the rules on my city are that no goods are going to be sold or stored on my premises and that no customers are going to come to my house. I heard I might have problems later on when the ATF calls the citys zoning dept.

WD562
10-28-2010, 3:58 PM
Can you still be approved for an FFL if you live close to a school?

halifax
10-30-2010, 1:16 AM

I know my first inspector specifically said she checked for schools near my house.

I got the city permit but I heard ATF requires business hours. Some of the rules on my city are that no goods are going to be sold or stored on my premises and that no customers are going to come to my house. I heard I might have problems later on when the ATF calls the citys zoning dept.

Business hours do need to be listed but they don't need to be the "normal" 8 -5 hours.

Odd how the city won't let you store your product at your house.

GetBulletsandBrass
11-11-2010, 8:32 PM
Getting the regulatory permit in our town was the big hurdle and we got our paperwork kicked back because both owners of the business were not listed on several of the permits we had to get before we could apply for the 07 FFL. Get to know your local city employees at the licensing office, they will help steer you in the right direction if you work with them.

We got our 07ffl and we're home based.

NDFMF
11-12-2010, 8:54 AM

Yes. I live about 200 yards from the local high school and was approved for an 07FFL. You just need to educate your customers (if you have any that will be coming to your location) about proper transportation practices.