PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased first AK

esnyderr
10-28-2010, 2:17 PM
Went in to Turners today after seeing their new ad for WASR-10's and pulled the trigger on one. I'm kinda confused when it comes to the single stack vs. double stack. My receipt says single stacked, can some one explain it to me. I know its possible to convert to double stack, but would it be legal ? Sorry for being so noob, but I really dont know much about AK's except that their scary :D:D

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 2:19 PM
Went in to Turners today after seeing their new ad for WASR-10's and pulled the trigger on one. I'm kinda confused when it comes to the single stack vs. double stack. My receipt says single stacked, can some one explain it to me. I know its possible to convert to double stack, but would it be legal ? Sorry for being so noob, but I really dont know much about AK's except that their scary :D:D

Yes you can....the mag is gonna wobble around like a SOB but thats ok.....

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 2:21 PM
And no...AK's arent scary....theyre beautiful.

CSACANNONEER
10-28-2010, 2:22 PM
Mag wobble is only something that mall ninjas, keyboard commandos and those with a bad case of OCD complain about. Mag wobble does not affect the gun's performance at all.

esnyderr
10-28-2010, 2:23 PM
indeed they are beautiful, would there be any way to convert to double stacked with a ton of wobble ?

oh and I bought this AK with financial aid money given to me by the Republic of Kalifornia. Thought that was kind of funny

CSACANNONEER
10-28-2010, 2:25 PM
indeed they are beautiful, would there be any way to convert to double stacked with a ton of wobble ?

oh and I bought this AK with financial aid money given to me by the Republic of Kalifornia. Thought that was kind of funny

It'll only take a little dremel work. If you are scared to attempt it by yourself, you're welcome to come to my place and I'll help you F it up. Seriously, if you want some help, just come on up.

MrPlink
10-28-2010, 2:33 PM
Mag wobble isn't too hard to fix either. Its not too hard to insert material inside the receiver to act as dimples.
As mentioned though, no point.

ir0nclash86
10-28-2010, 2:42 PM
Mag wobble isn't too hard to fix either. Its not too hard to insert material inside the receiver to act as dimples.
As mentioned though, no point.

Would you weld the material or use JB weld goo to fix it?

ZX-10R
10-28-2010, 2:44 PM
Mag wobble is only something that mall ninjas, keyboard commandos and those with a bad case of OCD complain about. Mag wobble does not affect the gun's performance at all.

Amen.

The only real concern on any AK pattern is the front sight cant.

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 2:46 PM

I'll admit to the OCD thing....but the other stuff I'll pretend you werent directing at me.

Anyhoo...I was just stating the obvious so the OP wouldnt be suprised or concerned when it occurs.

Take care now...bye bye then.

Vtec44
10-28-2010, 3:00 PM

Mag wobble isn't an issue unless it actually drop out of the gun while shooting. I know at least 2 Century Arms AK47 that do that constantly. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong but the owners fixed that by getting steel mags I believe.

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 3:05 PM
Mag wobble isn't an issue unless it actually drop out of the gun while shooting. I know at least 2 Century Arms AK47 that do that constantly. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong but the owners fixed that by getting steel mags I believe.

Its not a big deal....My chinese mags wobble in my SGL.

My only reason for stating that was in case you never knew about it.....Ive seen about a trillion "My mags wobble" threads....so.....that was all.

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 3:07 PM

Theres probably a mod that can be done......

The main issue is that the receiver has no dimple , so it makes the wobble a little worse.

Sorry I mentioned it guys... :o

esnyderr
10-28-2010, 3:15 PM
Thanks for the info though Trendkill

Trendkill
10-28-2010, 3:17 PM
Thanks for the info though Trendkill

No prob man.....youre gonna love your new boom stick.

rodeoflyer
10-28-2010, 3:21 PM
If everytyhing fits tight it aint an AK!

Congrats. See the commercial sales forum, as the LAX Range has an awesome sale on ammo right now. Buy a case of commie 39 with the Kali money too!

cannon
10-28-2010, 3:24 PM
Take some more of that state money and buy a dremel and a case of ammo.

It's good you know it will probably wobble so when it does you won't worry. Ammo is around $250 per K all over the internet.

Just be careful. Seems a lot of folks around here can't stop at just one AK.

zman
10-28-2010, 3:33 PM
Take some more of that state money and buy a dremel and a case of ammo.

It's good you know it will probably wobble so when it does you won't worry. Ammo is around $250 per K all over the internet.

$207 shipped right now from Sportsman's Guide :)

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=414684

rodeoflyer
10-28-2010, 3:38 PM
Ammoman is also $219 SHIPPED

SJgunguy24
10-28-2010, 3:48 PM
1st step is buy dremel, 2nd is ammo, 3rd is cut your hand and use human blood for lube.
AK's run well on a mix of blood, diesel fuel, and Mobil 1 :43:

October
10-28-2010, 3:56 PM
with my WASr I had a hard time getting the mag in half the time. Dont know why.

SJgunguy24
10-28-2010, 4:01 PM
with my WASr I had a hard time getting the mag in half the time. Dont know why.

Check your mags, could be out of spec. 9 times out of 10 it's something other then the gun.

October
10-28-2010, 4:03 PM
Check your mags, could be out of spec. 9 times out of 10 it's something other then the gun.

well its long gone, but it was the mags that came with it. I think I was just doing it wrong? i just remember finding it oddly difficult to lock them in place, but they would eventually.

man now i miss my AK :(

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8954/revisedak.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/i/revisedak.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Ahhhh memories

CSACANNONEER
10-28-2010, 5:59 PM
Would you weld the material or use JB weld goo to fix it?

I would not use JB weld. But, since it's not a safety issue, I would not stop someone for trying it.

Amen.

The only real concern on any AK pattern is the front sight cant.

Is it? If the gun shoots were it's aiming, maybe the front sight was canted for a reason???????

I'll admit to the OCD thing....but the other stuff I'll pretend you werent directing at me.

I wasn't thinking about you at all. I was thinking about all those "my mag wobbles" threads where guys complain about it but, they haven't even shot their rifles yet. So, they don't believe that they work just fine with wobble.

$207 shipped right now from Sportsman's Guide :)

If it came down to buying anything from SG or not shooting, I'd stop shooting.