PDA

View Full Version : slip-on recoil pad for my mosin

saigarocks
10-28-2010, 12:07 PM
need advice on slip-on recoil pad for mosin - i can't use the screw-on kind as the the screw hole is stripped - the stock measures 4 inches and the small ones i see are more like 4 1/2 so i don't know if they fit. advice needed - many thks - i have the screw-on kind on my other mosin and it makes a world of difference - also i am looking for spam can of surplus 8mm mauser -

Iknownot
10-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Just get a rubber slip on pad. there will be a 2 inch or so cuff you slip the back of the mosin stock into that will hold the rubber end piece in place. They work fine and should be equivalent in feel to the screw on type that replaces the metal end cap.

Something like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=651868

Milsurp Collector
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I wear a Past recoil pad. That way I can use the same pad with all of my rifles.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?tabid=14&categoryid=9210&categorystring=10611***688***&brandId=1125

wingnut948
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I like my Kick-Killer lace-on butt pad from Cabelas.

There is also a velcro version, but I actually like the look of the laces. If you go this route, order X-Small. I have one on each of my M-44s.

maxwellca21
10-30-2010, 1:01 AM
i like that medal butt pad them russians put on, it tickles my shoulder.

johnthomas
10-30-2010, 1:06 AM
need advice on slip-on recoil pad for mosin - i can't use the screw-on kind as the the screw hole is stripped - the stock measures 4 inches and the small ones i see are more like 4 1/2 so i don't know if they fit. advice needed - many thks - i have the screw-on kind on my other mosin and it makes a world of difference - also i am looking for spam can of surplus 8mm mauser -

Tooth picks in the screw holes will fix your problem. I like the round ones, break them to length, put them in the hole, sharp end up, a little white glue and there you go.

iareConfusE
10-30-2010, 8:28 AM
I use shooterpads.

saigarocks
10-30-2010, 3:09 PM
many thks for all the advice - i decided to try the past mag shield (the kind you wear on yr shoulder) if that doesn't do it, i'll do the toothpick thing

MrPlink
10-30-2010, 7:13 PM
Less recoil on a Mosin!?!? That is TREASON comrade! I suppose you would want a smaller fireball on a Mosin carbine as well?!!!

j/k

Ive honestly just tried to make it a point to never shoot mine while wearing just a t-shirt. My trusty leather jacket does the trick just fine. Given the weather here in the bay area going shooting with heavier and thicker clothing makes it pretty easy to accomplish.

BayAreaShooter
10-30-2010, 7:45 PM
Less recoil on a Mosin!?!? That is TREASON comrade! I suppose you would want a smaller fireball on a Mosin carbine as well?!!!

j/k

Ive honestly just tried to make it a point to never shoot mine while wearing just a t-shirt. My trusty leather jacket does the trick just fine. Given the weather here in the bay area going shooting with heavier and thicker clothing makes it pretty easy to accomplish.

Exactly. I had the mosin out today and had a sweatshirt on and it helped a bit.

leoffensive
10-30-2010, 7:52 PM
Simple solution=maxipad lololololololol