PDA

View Full Version : Gun Friendly Candidates in the upcoming election.

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Having trouble trying to figure out who to vote for? Maybe I can help. I have put together a list of candidates in our state elections based on their support for the 2nd Amendment and gun rights. I encourage everyone to do their own research but hopefully this list will help some of you in pointing towards the right direction if you are pro gun.

http://glog-blog.com/2010/10/28/glog-california-election-endorsements-2010/

If you aren't registered to vote then it's not too late. Register now!

wildhawker
10-28-2010, 1:12 PM
"Nightengale for Governor: When you really, really don't want to win."

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 1:15 PM

I had considered that I would run into a statement like that. Honestly it's better than "Whitman/Brown for Governor: When you kinda sorta like the constitution."

titankeith
10-28-2010, 1:16 PM

Brown/Whitman for Governor: when you really, really don't care for your state or fixing it as long as you win.

IrishPirate
10-28-2010, 1:26 PM
Thought it was going to be a list of best to worst, kinda disappointed :shrug:........honestly, if i have to sell my guns because I have no money due to over taxation and job cuts, etc., I'm not going to care if the governor is pro gun...there are more issues than just 2A rights that NEED to be considered. 2A rights might sway my decision, but I'm not going to base 100% of my vote on it as long as we still have an anti-gun majority in our legislature. Anyone who outright doesn't support 2A will never get my vote though....

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 1:32 PM
I'm not going to care if the governor is pro gun...

There you have it... How distressing. But hey, it's your vote, you can do what you want with it.

wildhawker
10-28-2010, 1:38 PM
Nightengale: *no chance* of being elected; a vote for Chelene is essentially a +1 for Brown.

Whitman: The silicon valley megabucks version of RINO.

Brown: Constitutional law attorney who "gets it" but has some policy preferences which run counter to mine (but seem to be supported by a majority of Californians).

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 1:42 PM
Nightengale: *no chance* of being elected; a vote for Chelene is essentially a +1 for Brown.

Whitman: The silicon valley megabucks version of RINO.

Brown: Constitutional law attorney who "gets it" but has some policy preferences which run counter to mine (but seem to be supported by a majority of Californians).

You don't have to be elected to make a change. No, it's not throwing your vote away, and it's not a vote for Brown. It's a vote for Nightingale. That's it. Whitman is almost completely ignorant about gun issues and Brown "gets it" alright. He gets a paycheck from the state of California for decades now. The reason we don't have a third party in this country is because of people voting to win and not voting with what is right. Vote for the right candidate.

marc4
10-28-2010, 1:52 PM
You forgot to add this guy (see below).
I had a talk with him and he is very pro-gun. He in fact carried openly at the border during Minutemen events.

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 1:55 PM
You forgot to add this guy (see below).
I had a talk with him and he is very pro-gun. He in fact carried openly at the border during Minutemen events.

Yeah, I knew there would be candidates that I missed. Thanks for the heads up though. I might recommend him to my friends in that district after I research him. Cheers!

wildhawker
10-28-2010, 1:56 PM
You're entirely wrong, but even assuming your analysis is halfway correct, Nightengale still wouldn't be "the right candidate".

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 2:01 PM
You're entirely wrong, but even assuming your analysis is halfway correct, Nightengale still wouldn't be "the right candidate".

Haha, well I'm going to bow out of this conversation with you. Once the accusations start coming without being accompanied by a good argument is when I call it quits. Like I said, it's your vote, do what you want with it. I am happy to discuss these issues with anyone else though.

wildhawker
10-28-2010, 2:17 PM
Pardon the brevity, mobile posting is necessarily limited.

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 2:19 PM
Pardon the brevity, mobile posting is necessarily limited.

Perhaps we should postpone this discussion to when we can both post good arguments. Remember though, these endorsements are based on gun issues. They are not judgments on who is most likely to win. It is up to the individual voter to make the choice as to what would be the best thing for our state. Hell, I can't do EVERYTHING for you, haha.

BluNorthern
10-28-2010, 2:19 PM
Chelene and Co. haven't presented themselves very well here in the past....

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=255936

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4722710

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 2:23 PM
Chelene and Co. haven't presented themselves very well here in the past....

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=255936

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4722710

Fortunately message board etiquette was not a factor when constructing my list. ;)

berto
10-28-2010, 2:26 PM
The reason we don't have a third party in this country is because of people voting to win and not voting with what is right. Vote for the right candidate.

The reason we don't have a third, a fourth, or even a fifth party is due to the minor parties continued failure at running serious candidates and serious campaigns. Bat guano is and will remain on the fringe.

Turnout has fallen for years. We keep hearing about the mass of voters turned off by the major parties. There are and have been other options but somewhere around half of the electorate, give or take depending on the cycle and rockstar entries, stays home even with the existence of other options. Perhaps the minor parties should focus on the large mass of non-participants or undeclared participants, there's certainly a greater possible return than focusing on peeling away folks who have already identified with one of the major parties.

Nightengale sounds great on guns. Unfortunately she couldn't win if every calgunner voted for her and convinced 10 other people to vote the same way. I'll leave her other positions out as they're not 2A. I'd rather my vote count towards one of the real contenders than count towards the difference between fourth and fifth place. You feel differently, have at it. I'm happy you're voting.

OneSevenDeuce
10-28-2010, 2:31 PM
The reason we don't have a third, a fourth, or even a fifth party is due to the minor parties continued failure at running serious candidates and serious campaigns.

Actually there is a pretty strong argument in the world of political science that the reason we have only two major parties in this country is because of our diversity. It sounds counter intuitive but the fact that we have so many competing interests means that any party that hopes to win office must necessarily become more centrist. We see it every election when candidates from this party or that speak to their base, and when they speak to the rest of us.

Nightengale sounds great on guns. Unfortunately she couldn't win if every calgunner voted for her and convinced 10 other people to vote the same way. I'll leave her other positions out as they're not 2A. I'd rather my vote count towards one of the real contenders than count towards the difference between fourth and fifth place. You feel differently, have at it. I'm happy you're voting.

That's beyond the scope of my intentions. :) I haven't commented on issues not related to guns and gun rights.

DocSkinner
10-29-2010, 12:20 PM
And don't forget Terry Kremin for City Council if you live in Concord!

IrishPirate
10-29-2010, 12:29 PM
There you have it... How distressing. But hey, it's your vote, you can do what you want with it.

well yeah if you take a small blurb of what i said out of context and twist it around i'm sure it would be very disturbing. Hey, maybe you should run for office, seems like you've got some political knowledge!!!!!

why would i care if a sitting governor is for or against guns if i had to sell off all my guns to feed my family? i wouldn't. I'd be more concerned with how the rest of their politics are affecting my ability to stay alive. i have to be able to pay my bills and feed my family before i worry about buying ammo online or getting a CCW. They can be the best friend a gun owner's ever had, but if i have to move onto the street because they taxed the crap out of my family and they pushed through laws that forced me to lose my job, i'm not going to be happy just because i still have the right to keep and bear arms. 2A rights are important, but not important enough to trump all the other issues.

OneSevenDeuce
10-29-2010, 3:05 PM
well yeah if you take a small blurb of what i said out of context and twist it around i'm sure it would be very disturbing. Hey, maybe you should run for office, seems like you've got some political knowledge!!!!!

Nope, no twisting bud. I didn't write any interpretation of what you said. Just reposted it. :D

TheCilician
10-31-2010, 1:40 PM
The reason we don't have a third party in this country is because of people voting to win and not voting with what is right. Vote for the right candidate.

Well said mate! :chris:

OneSevenDeuce
10-31-2010, 1:50 PM
Thanks bro. I hope everyone is planning to go out and vote! If you are a permanent mail ballot voter like me you probably already have. Let's make BIG changes this year in government!

Skidmark
10-31-2010, 2:06 PM

It's too late for Tuesday's election.

Registration for the 2 November 2010 elections closed about two weeks ago (closes 15 days before an election). If someone registers today, it's for the next elections, starting in 2011.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm

KylaGWolf
10-31-2010, 6:35 PM
You don't have to be elected to make a change. No, it's not throwing your vote away, and it's not a vote for Brown. It's a vote for Nightingale. That's it. Whitman is almost completely ignorant about gun issues and Brown "gets it" alright. He gets a paycheck from the state of California for decades now. The reason we don't have a third party in this country is because of people voting to win and not voting with what is right. Vote for the right candidate.

I am voting for Brown plain and simple. I can't vote for Whitman she never bothered to take the time to vote why should I take her seriously now that she thinks that politics are important and actually wants to run our state. As for Nightingale there is no way I would vote for her. She is a lunatic not to mention comes off as fake. And you are wrong every vote that doesn't go to Brown Tuesday gives Whitman another chance to actually win.

You say voting for Brown is only for a win but not what is right? Have you any idea how much he has done as AG that has giving us 2A rights in CA or at least made living her not quite as painful. Might want to do a little research by using the search button and you will find he has done much to be considered friendly to the 2A community.

puppy8a9
10-31-2010, 8:50 PM
I don't like Whitman due to much of what she says is scripted and in error in some way factually. I do not like Brown due to the fact I have a friend who continually gets letters where he refuses to do his job. We thought about releasing this but decided we did not like Whitman enough.

The fact Whitman did not care enough to participate in the processes that make America she loses my vote primarily for this reason.

I am keeping a clear conscience and voting Charlene Nightengale.

CorsicanRedneck
10-31-2010, 9:12 PM
Having trouble trying to figure out who to vote for? Maybe I can help. I have put together a list of candidates in our state elections based on their support for the 2nd Amendment and gun rights. I encourage everyone to do their own research but hopefully this list will help some of you in pointing towards the right direction if you are pro gun.

http://glog-blog.com/2010/10/28/glog-california-election-endorsements-2010/

Boy, oh boy! You don't know what kind of thing you unleashed with your list. If you're not voting for their beloved Brown around here, they'll get on you like flies on s hit. I learned today I was a troll... :rolleyes:

Skidmark
10-31-2010, 9:29 PM
Some people really have it in for Duncan Hunter JUNIOR:

http://www.ryanvshunter.com/toptenreasons.html