PDA

View Full Version : RKBA ?

nicki
10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
The SCOTUS ruled that we have a right to have functional arms in case of confrontation.

They also ruled that our right to bear wasn't absolute, that the carrying of concealed arms could be regulated or even banned as long as we had open carry.

So, here is my question to the board and I want to stress that I am not going to advocate people to do this until we have a green light.

Say a person applies for a CCW, puts down self defense as good cause, has clean record and is denied permit for lack of good cause, that person just lost the ability to carry concealed per state law.

Now, could that person go to the Federal courts and get an injunction against the state of California so that he could open carry a loaded sidearm in every place someone with a CCW permit could carry?

In essence, could a CCW letter denial become a de facto open carry permit?

Any thoughts?

Nicki

OleCuss
10-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I believe your scenario is theoretically possible and that something roughly like that will eventually occur. Too much prep work needs to be done yet in order to be successful.

Afterburnt
10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
"The reality is that since 1926 it has been the policy of the Los Angeles Police department to shoot you should you choose to exercise this right."

just throwin it out there