PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations

PayThePrice
10-27-2010, 10:11 PM
So I am pretty new to owning firearms and trying to learn the lingo. I thought I saw a post on the site that gave what some of the most common abbreviations were... does anyone know where it is so I can try and catch up? Even if there is some good info on another site that would help this rookie out. Thanks in advance.

bsg
10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
type in "abbreviations" at the "search" function when you enter the forum... and push "go" with your mouse. you will then find all the abbreviation information you need.

welcome to the forum.

i1800collect
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM
searching "acronyms" will get you to what you're looking for faster. ;)

Wicked Pete
10-28-2010, 8:29 AM
Welcome: PayThePrice. Hope you enjoy the forums.

bsg
10-28-2010, 4:20 PM
searching "acronyms" will get you to what you're looking for faster. ;)

i tried that... and the result was basically the same as searching "abbreviations."

oh well.... :shrug:

PayThePrice
10-28-2010, 4:29 PM
type in "abbreviations" at the "search" function when you enter the forum... and push "go" with your mouse. you will then find all the abbreviation information you need.

welcome to the forum.

lol damn, got me... thanks

sorry was asleep at the wheel, lol.

zod
10-28-2010, 4:41 PM
Welcome aboard PTP.

PayThePrice
10-28-2010, 4:51 PM
Thanks

i1800collect
10-28-2010, 5:33 PM
i tried that... and the result was basically the same as searching "abbreviations."

oh well.... :shrug:

Where you using the CGN Google custom search or the default search? I only use the Google custom search, the default search is horrible. :( The first result to pop up for me when I search "acronyms" is the Oaklander sticky, first link for "abbreviations" was actually this thread lol.

bsg
10-28-2010, 6:16 PM
Where you using the CGN Google custom search or the default search? I only use the Google custom search, the default search is horrible. :( The first result to pop up for me when I search "acronyms" is the Oaklander sticky, first link for "abbreviations" was actually this thread lol.

i used the "Search Forums."

your method of finding abbreviations is superior... when using the "Google Search" search function.

good job i1800collect. :)

bsg
10-28-2010, 6:19 PM
lol damn, got me... thanks

sorry was asleep at the wheel, lol.

we'll get er done.... :)