PDA

View Full Version : Went to American Shooting Center today and saw something interesting

85FourEyedGT
10-27-2010, 9:46 PM
Went to ASC in San Diego today, shot my handgun, did my thing, on the way out, I noticed that they rented some cool rifles, AR15s, AK's, not rimfire stuff

I look closer and I noticed that the rifles had evil features and were missing a BB

so I asked the guy at the counter, "how old are those rifles?" he said they got them a year ago

while it may be possible that the guy who owns the place has these as RAWs, or that they might have been rimfires, whats the deal? I didnt want to let him know that they may be unregistered AW's because I dont wanna deal with the whole "im smarter than you BS"

anyone ever been there and seen this?

actually I just went on their website and saw that they had a Bushmaster XM15-E2S listed as a rental, I DID NOT see a BB on it

PyroFox79
10-27-2010, 9:48 PM
It might be some special deal that gun ranges might have with the state. I know they have a rifle in one of their cases that says LEO only. Then again I question the intelligence of the folks that work there.

paladin4415
10-27-2010, 9:52 PM
ASC is a California AW dealer. I don't know how it works for rentals though. Maybe if they are held on their books as inventory and they never leave the store it's okay to let people shoot them (for a fee that is ;)).

85FourEyedGT
10-27-2010, 9:55 PM
well that would make sense, Im not complaining , I wouldnt mind going and shooting the un-neutered versions, Just wanted to make sure they didnt get busted for anything

leoffensive
10-27-2010, 10:04 PM
my neighbors brother owns that place and covert canyon. haha youd be surprise at the stuff he owns haha

thegrayham
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I have personally shot those guns and can say it is nice being able to shoot a real AR and my true love the CX-4. As for the legality of what they have on hand and rent.. I have no idea. Did I mention how nice it was though, almost felt like Nevada for a second.

ren
10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
shooting the ar they had a few years back made me want to build one.

1forall
10-27-2010, 10:32 PM
well that would make sense, Im not complaining , I wouldnt mind going and shooting the un-neutered versions, Just wanted to make sure they didnt get busted for anything

Excuse a newb...but what's the difference other than round count and tool use. I'm just trying to understand, especially in a range and not in full auto.

85FourEyedGT
10-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Excuse a newb...but what's the difference other than round count and tool use. I'm just trying to understand, especially in a range and not in full auto.

its not a huge deal but i bet it sure feels good to drop a mag with your finger whenever you want , I wonder if theyre regular cap mags too?? now THAT would be cool

SDshooter
10-28-2010, 6:45 AM
I was there shooting with a friend two days ago and got a lot of help from Mike with my 93 clone. I like that place. People there are friendly.

badfish71
10-28-2010, 8:42 AM

You wouldn't want them to get busted so you bring it up in a public forum online? Lol..
you know im sure they have their reason for being able to offer them as rentals.

B Strong
10-28-2010, 1:08 PM
ASC is a California AW dealer. I don't know how it works for rentals though. Maybe if they are held on their books as inventory and they never leave the store it's okay to let people shoot them (for a fee that is ;)).

Correct - an AW dealer can rent full featured AW's.

85FourEyedGT
10-28-2010, 5:06 PM
You wouldn't want them to get busted so you bring it up in a public forum online? Lol..
you know im sure they have their reason for being able to offer them as rentals.

i came online to ask if anyone knew of an exepmtion they had, which someone indeed answered, If they werent an AW dealer then next time I would have gone back I would have talked to them about it.

rockdogz
10-28-2010, 5:09 PM
I've wondered this as well - I've seen ranges that rent handguns which had hi-cap magazines. Are they supposed to be able to have them? These weren't old guns either. :confused:

Captain Crunch
10-28-2010, 5:10 PM
shooting the ar they had a few years back made me want to build one.

same here... shooting that poorly maintained bushmaster made me fall in love even tho that thing had FTF and FTEs every few rounds lol.

Btw the RAWs they have there are semi auto arent they? They are one of the few places that i have seen an SL8 at too

October
10-28-2010, 5:14 PM
I rented an AR15 at iron sights in oceanside and it had all evil features and no BB.