PDA

View Full Version : Error on Longgun Dros , Fierarm Quanity is 21 instead of 1!!!

Charles4400
10-27-2010, 8:31 PM
So how concerned should I be?

I just got back and realized that the firearm quantity is wrong on the DROS form I received. It says 21 instead of 1.

Does this mean I have to go back to the ffl and redo the dros?

ke6guj
10-27-2010, 8:35 PM
nope, you don't need to redo the DROS. What that means is that you have to go buy 20 more long guns right now and "add" them to your DROS :D

In actually, what that really means is that the FFL will probably cross out the incorrect number and put down the correct amount. But, if there is something you might want, right now would be a good time to add it so that he can correct it to "2" instead of "1"

Cali-Shooter
10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
My my, the CA DOJ will be keeping an EYE on you! 21 Longarms in one DROS!

Just playing with you :D

Quickly inform your FFL of the error, and they will amend it with the appropriate paperwork revisions.

HCz
10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Quickly inform your FFL of the error, and they will amend it with the appropriate paperwork revisions.

+1

or you can buy 20 more guns.:D

Charles4400
10-27-2010, 11:21 PM
nope, you don't need to redo the DROS. What that means is that you have to go buy 20 more long guns right now and "add" them to your DROS :D

I like the way you think! If this didn't involve the DOJ I would think its a great idea!

Will inform them tomorrow when they open, I hope I don't have to redo the DROS because I don't think I will have time to go back to the ffl untill this weekend.

Will give an update as to what they say.. and what is involved in rectifying.

rero360
10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Not sure who your FFL is, but could there be a possibility of some nefarious works going on? The FFL DROSing extra firearms to you then selling them off the books to others?

Although I'm sure its more likely a case of a simple typo error.

Charles4400
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Haha hope not rero!

Well gave them a call and they said it was no problem to fix and they would do that.
Hope this is the case...as I will be pisswed if the DOJ comes knocking!

And this is a dros for a levergun at that!

Charles4400
10-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Update to the update...

FFL just called and said thay called the DOJ to tell them of the correction.
He said that normally when there are so many on one DROS they would have to report it to the ATF but obviously that didn't happen since it was a mistake. He also said the DOJ told them to correct it on their end and that since it was a longun the dros info is mainly used just for statistics and that the number of firearms was not associated with my name.

So that's that, hopefully issue resolved.

ke6guj
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Update to the update...

FFL just called and said thay called the DOJ to tell them of the correction.
He said that normally when there are so many on one DROS they would have to report it to the ATF but obviously that didn't happen since it was a mistake. He also said the DOJ told them to correct it on their end and that since it was a longun the dros info is mainly used just for statistics and that the number of firearms was not associated with my name.

So that's that, hopefully issue resolved.

I wonder what they are talking about here. There is no legal requirement to notify ATF about multiple long gun purchases.

KCDS
10-28-2010, 1:00 PM
just tell yr dealer pack up 20 more mosins for you, it's like 1500 bucks