PDA

View Full Version : Tula Steel Case Ammo - Kel Tec SU16 CA

jasjerdad
10-27-2010, 5:27 PM
I found the following on the internet

" 1000 rds - 223 / 5.56 FMJ 62 grain Tula Steel case ammo"

Tula cartridge works has been manufacturing ammunition for over 100 years and is one of the worlds primary military contractors. They produce cartridges that are reliable, economical and non-corrosive. This 223 ammo is a great deal for the high volume 223 shooter who does not reload. The bullet weight is 62 grain, FMJ type, and the cartridge case is polymer coated steel for great strength and smooth function.

Does anyone have experience or comments on this ammo? I'm new to the .223/5.56 round. I'm unsure what's good or bad.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

dchang0
10-27-2010, 5:31 PM
It's the same factory that makes Wolf steel-cased stuff. Lots of ranges in Calif. won't let you shoot either steel-cased or steel-core ammo because of the fire hazard it presents.

As for quality--well, it's okay. Not the most accurate, but not too terrible either. Probably about 4-5MOA through most ARs. Some people report better accuracy than that.

Also, it usually leaves lots of lacquer or other gunk in your chamber, so clean it out after every range trip using solvents like Gun Scrubber (Trichloroethylene) or brake/carburetor cleaner, which dissolve plastics (including fiber optics), paints, and lacquers.

chesterthehero
10-27-2010, 5:38 PM
ive had a few FTF with it and its dirty... other than that ive had no issues with it..

they stoped using lacquer on them a while ago they are now polymer coated.. i have not noticed any extra gunk in the chamber compared to brass cased ammo...

for the price you cant beat this stuff..

Anchors
10-27-2010, 5:47 PM
The ammo is fine. I've never had any problems with it.
The problem is finding a place in Orange County where you can shoot it.
Good luck, every range I've tried is brass only. So it's .40c/round at Walmart. haha.

God Bless The Mauser
10-27-2010, 6:18 PM
Only problem you'll run into is the build up in the chamber that will lead to a FTE and you have to push the case out with a cleaning rod, it's happened to me with that ammo.