PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 question

Markus
10-27-2010, 3:43 PM
So I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but here I go. I have a brother who lives in texas would it be legal for him to buy ammo for me and send it to me as a gift? Since im technically not buying it from mail order or online. However I know how well technically and rational things dont mix with our gun laws so if anybody can clear this up I would greatly appreciate it.

CMonfort
10-27-2010, 5:16 PM
So I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but here I go. I have a brother who lives in texas would it be legal for him to buy ammo for me and send it to me as a gift? Since im technically not buying it from mail order or online. However I know how well technically and rational things dont mix with our gun laws so if anybody can clear this up I would greatly appreciate it.

The answer to this question isn't that simple. Pretty much no, he can't deliver "handgun ammunition" (whatever that is - see pleadings in Parker v. CA) unless the ID requirements of PC section 12318 are satisfied. i.e. section 12318 is not limited to apply to transfers from "ammunition vendors" which seemed to be the gist of your question. Hope this helps. But these provisions do not take effect until February 1, 2011, and litigation challenging these provisions are progressing rapidly, so hopefully your concern will never materialize.