PDA

View Full Version : AR belt-fed upper again??

KCDS
10-27-2010, 3:21 PM
would you guys buy this? I mean we could only use 10 rd belt anyways:confused:

http://www.valkyriearmament.com/

RangemasterP226
10-27-2010, 3:39 PM
I love it, might need one!!!

Noobert
10-27-2010, 3:43 PM
Awesome, might have to buy a FA lower for that!

MadRiverArms
10-27-2010, 4:45 PM
Dang that's sick but at what price?

-G

Rukus
10-27-2010, 5:25 PM
FWIW, I believe I read somewhere that it only uses proprietary links...if thats a downside. Frankly I'd take any type of beltfed upper, whether it was this one or the SHRIKE.

ke6guj
10-27-2010, 5:40 PM
Awesome, might have to buy a FA lower for that!

one thing to note is that the lower has to machined to work iwth that upper. Don't know if I'd want to cut up a $10k lower to use that. An RDIAS would probably be better, but I dunno if that upper is DIAS compatible.

Atlantic Firearms
10-27-2010, 6:16 PM
The are very nice units and run around $3,300.00 , we will be offering these for sale and can get customers more info if interested

Valkyrie Armament LLC is proud to announce the release of a Belt-fed, Semi-Automatic AR-15 style Rifle
North Ridgeville, OH, September 27, 2010: In a continually shifting world of firearms gadgetry, today’s discriminating second amendment protector is finally offered an AR-15 style rifle that utilizes time proven technology of Colt in a belt-fed configuration.
The Belt-fed, Semi-Automatic rifle (BSR – Mod 1) borrows from the original Stoner/Colt belt-fed design and utilizes modern technology to precisely machine the removable belt box and feed tray mechanism that converts a standard AR-15 style rifle into a belt-fed, semi-automatic support weapons platform. Coupled with the proven design concepts from the original Colt system , Valkyrie Armament LLC can now provide all riflemen and women with a weapons platform that can utilize a virtually unlimited ammunition supply.

Maintaining 85% parts compatibility, modifications to the upper receiver and lower receiver in the form of cut outs and a bolt carrier drive system are the only design changes.

Atlantic Firearms
10-27-2010, 6:19 PM
Here is a You Tube Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAgmFimitAw

Rukus
10-27-2010, 7:10 PM
So $3300 is the conversion price on customer provided rifles, and its basically a permanent mod, with cutting of both the upper and lower involved?

bohoki
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
hmm i wonder about the legal definition of fixed magazine would be using disintigrating links

if you are real careful you can load it without opening the cover and you never need to open it to unload it

Ed_Hazard
10-27-2010, 10:27 PM
hmm i wonder about the legal definition of fixed magazine would be using disintigrating links

if you are real careful you can load it without opening the cover and you never need to open it to unload it

Sorry but the belt is the feeding device in this case and would be limited to 10rds per belt .

armygunsmith
10-27-2010, 10:30 PM
one thing to note is that the lower has to machined to work iwth that upper. Don't know if I'd want to cut up a $10k lower to use that. An RDIAS would probably be better, but I dunno if that upper is DIAS compatible.

I had seen that as well. I wouldn't ruin a registered receiver for that thing. It might work on a lower with a RDIAS though.

Apparently Colt had tried and failed several times. It looks like Ciener also made one. Here. (http://www.c3junkie.com/m16/ciener_bf/oldbeltfed.html)

All of them required good amounts of milling on the lower.