PDA

View Full Version : ccw lawyer needed

bssifter
10-27-2010, 1:50 PM
I need help appealing my ccw denial and think a lawyer is in order.

dantodd
10-27-2010, 2:02 PM
What county?

Matt C
10-27-2010, 2:03 PM
What county?

+1 Where are you, and why were you denied?

HowardW56
10-27-2010, 2:18 PM
MY APPOLOGIES TO THE OP AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO POSTED ON THIS THREAD.

Brandon just PM'd me and told me that he is legit...

I tend to be a skeptic, but I was wrong...

To you that I have offended, I'm Sorry.

Havoc70
10-27-2010, 2:22 PM
Statement completely retracted with a full apology. It did seem somewhat suspect, glad to see I was wrong!

dantodd
10-27-2010, 2:27 PM
Guys. That is not a very nice welcome to a new member.

I can easily see where all the discussion of CCW reform might have induced someone to apply in a county that is not yet accepting "self-defense" as good cause.

I have also heard stories of folks being advised to pad their applications in counties like Sacto. and being denied for unrealistic GC. (Heck, look at the thread about the settlement on this site, someone in there says that same thing about padding a GC statement.)

He asked a simple question and was, in return, asked to provide more specifics. Let's not start calling names unless it is deserved.

Gray Peterson
10-27-2010, 2:38 PM
Agreed with the above. bssifter, please post which county you're in, who you applied to, etc...

Window_Seat
10-27-2010, 2:40 PM
Guys. That is not a very nice welcome to a new member.

I can easily see where all the discussion of CCW reform might have induced someone to apply in a county that is not yet accepting "self-defense" as good cause.

I have also heard stories of folks being advised to pad their applications in counties like Sacto. and being denied for unrealistic GC. (Heck, look at the thread about the settlement on this site, someone in there says that same thing about padding a GC statement.)

He asked a simple question and was, in return, asked to provide more specifics. Let's not start calling names unless it is deserved.

^+10⁹⁹∞

And I second the above comments as far as telling us what county you are from.

I was referred here by Irvington Arms, and came here with an open mind, and I thought of the possibility of being trolled after post #1, but it didn't happen. I do not wish the troll abuse for anyone new here who truly doesn't deserve it, and I seriously doubt that the OP deserves this kind of bad treatment.

Erik.

OleCuss
10-27-2010, 2:43 PM
bssifter:

Welcome to the forum. Providing your county (and maybe your city) really might prove helpful. If you can also tell us if they gave an explanation as to why they turned you down?

In some cases it really wouldn't be worth paying for the attorney - in others it could be helpful for both you and for many others.

paul0660
10-27-2010, 2:46 PM
Maybe it's this guy:

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/announcements/17265-lapd-lasd-lawsuit.html

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 2:49 PM
I was proved wrong. My apologies to the OP

ocspeedracer
10-27-2010, 2:53 PM
so what county? Good luck!

Gray Peterson
10-27-2010, 2:55 PM
bssifter:

If you're from LAPD/LASD jurisdiction (like some of us suspect), or anywhere in SoCal, contact Jason Davis (www.calgunlawyers.com)

If you're from NorCal, contact Law Offices of Donald Kilmer, APC at www.dklawoffice.com

CavTrooper
10-27-2010, 2:58 PM
:troll:

So with a name like BSSIFTER, which can be surmised to be "Bullsh** sifter", yah, I'm going with :troll:, too.

I'm sticking with :troll: until there are some details...

prove me wrong :cool:

Pots, meet kettle.

winnre
10-27-2010, 3:03 PM
I bet he's in San Francisco.

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 3:16 PM
Is that how you were treated when you joined here?

My first post wasn't vague, with a screen name that seemed fishy when mixed with that post.

You will also notice my response said to PROVE ME WRONG. If the crow is dished up i'll stand up and eat it.

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 3:21 PM
Pots, meet kettle.

I like how you called out 3 people that care enough about the site and it's purpose to nut up $29.....

Matt C
10-27-2010, 3:27 PM
I like how you called out 3 people that care enough about the site and it's purpose to nut up $29.....

Oh damn I guess you are better than us because you gave Paul $29...:rolleyes:

geeknow
10-27-2010, 3:28 PM
I bet he's in San Francisco.

well, looking at his contact info shows a 'particular' email addy. Googling the same shows a location of SF, and tracks back to a boat engine shop of some sort.

so, I tend to agree with you.

either way, I dont smell troll. I smell discrete.

geeknow
10-27-2010, 3:29 PM

nah, but I am...cause I gave more...:cool2:

j/k, in case you werent sure.

g

putput
10-27-2010, 3:35 PM
Don't be discouraged. You came to the right place.

M. D. Van Norman
10-27-2010, 3:38 PM
And I was just hoping that the poor guy wasn’t from Sacramento. :rolleyes:

wildhawker
10-27-2010, 3:43 PM
I emailed the OP.

Window_Seat
10-27-2010, 3:51 PM
Guys/Gals, let's not get into a nitpick fight over donating. I have my reasons for giving, donating & sponsoring what I can, and I just became an SAF Life Member today, and I have sacrificed certain things I could use, so I could give to this effort and see that we get back what was stolen from us by elected criminal thugs.

It hurts more to part ways with the little $$ I get, especially now that I need more medical procedures, but pain is a necessary evil, and the process of getting back our civil rights IN FULL isn't going to be painless by any means, and it is necessary no matter what happens. I chose not to be treated at a clinic because I needed to use that money for my newest membership, and for more sponsorships (in two weeks), but it can only go so far. I can't do this alone, and neither can you.

Having said that, I did the same search that Geeknow did, and upon further looking around, I don't smell troll either, but I'm somewhat skeptical, as much as you had the right to be when I had only 1 post. Either way, I'd still like to know where the OP is from (county wise) so that we can go from there. Can we welcome the OP? The more support we can get, the better. If I'm wrong, then hand me the crow pie when the others are finished.

Erik.

HowardW56
10-27-2010, 3:53 PM
SEE POST NUMBER 4 FOR MY APOLOGY!!!

I emailed the OP.

Be sure to let us know if this is real...

If it is, I owe several people apologies...

If it isn't, well.....

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 4:10 PM
Be sure to let us know if this is real...

If it is, I owe several people apologies...

If it isn't, well.....

I'm in line right behind him ^

supersonic
10-27-2010, 4:22 PM

It went to PAUL??!!?!?!?!! I want my F***** Money Back!!!!!!!:p

paul0660
10-27-2010, 4:25 PM
So far, I have received NO money!

wildhawker
10-27-2010, 4:26 PM
On the phone now. OP is a legitimate inquirer.

-Brandon

hawk1
10-27-2010, 4:30 PM

If $29 means you care more, then someone should send you a refund.
That goes for all you guys that hammered him in one post. Based on what, his screen name. I'm a bit surprised that a mod hasn't brought the internet down around your ears yet. People like you and your mentality have no place around here. $29 or not...:rolleyes:

CavTrooper
10-27-2010, 4:31 PM

and somehow $29 dollars gives you

a) a licence to be an a** to first time posters

and

b) absolution from doing anything else useful?

Some folks do work without asking for or seeking acknowledgement.

Oh and BTW...

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm

HowardW56
10-27-2010, 4:43 PM
Maybe it's this guy:

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/announcements/17265-lapd-lasd-lawsuit.html

dantodd
10-27-2010, 4:48 PM
That doesn't add up...

On the CCW forum, his profile says he is a lawyer in los angeles, but he wants to sue both LASD and LAPD.

Here the e-mail address happens to be boat yard in Richmond.

Both places the posts are one hit wonders... Within 35 minutes of each other...

What are the odds?

Somehow I doubt that he is continuing his clever trolling on the phone with Brandon. I think it is even less likely that Brandon is posting falsely just to make you guys look like you're jumping the gun and treating new posters poorly.

I have some other thoughts on this that I will start a new thread to cover, AFTER the first game of the WORLD SERIES.

hawk1
10-27-2010, 4:55 PM
That doesn't add up...

On the CCW forum, his profile says he is a lawyer in los angeles, but he wants to sue both LASD and LAPD.

Here the e-mail address happens to be boat yard in Richmond.

Both places the posts are one hit wonders... Within 35 minutes of each other...

What are the odds?

Don't you have anything better to do than play internet sleuth? Do you really find pleasure in doing what you do?
How about giving him a hand instead of slapping him down.
Sometimes I wonder what direction this website is going...:confused:

HowardW56
10-27-2010, 5:00 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than play internet sleuth? Do you really find pleasure in doing what you do?
How about giving him a hand instead of slapping him down.
Sometimes I wonder what direction this website is going...:confused:

wildhawker
10-27-2010, 5:02 PM
It's not irrational to expect some amount of anti-CGF/gun rights ops to be run against us. It's also not irrational to be somewhat of a skeptic. It's a defensive tactic that keeps people alive.

Similarly, it's not irrational to expect some reasonable time to flesh out the legitimacy of new posters. I suggest we all back away from the ledge and consider that each perspective is valuable to our enduring success and survival.

CavTrooper
10-27-2010, 5:08 PM
Paul0660's post made me curious, so I looked...

It is odd, but as I said above, when Brandon comes back and tells us that it is real, I will apologize to the OP and everyone else.

On the phone now. OP is a legitimate inquirer.

-Brandon

Posted at 4:26pm, youve posted twice since then.

HowardW56
10-27-2010, 5:14 PM
Posted at 4:26pm, youve posted twice since then.

ZirconJohn
10-27-2010, 5:28 PM
It's not irrational to expect some amount of anti-CGF/gun rights ops to be run against us. It's also not irrational to be somewhat of a skeptic. It's a defensive tactic that keeps people alive.

Similarly, it's not irrational to expect some reasonable time to flesh out the legitimacy of new posters. I suggest we all back away from the ledge and consider that each perspective is valuable to our enduring success and survival.

Wow... great post!

That's why... THAT'S WHY you are the wildhawker...! :thumbsup: :yes:

Havoc70
10-27-2010, 5:36 PM
For what it's worth, I retracted my statement. However, I will continue to call BS if it looks like BS. In this instance I was wrong, and I apologize to the OP (and my first post was edited as well).

Note that I didn't bring up contributing to the site, someone else did. I don't think being a contributor gives me any special preferential treatment, for what it's worth. I donate to this site and CGF because of the awesomeness they do, not for any other reason.

hawk1
10-27-2010, 5:41 PM
For what it's worth, I retracted my statement. However, I will continue to call BS if it looks like BS. In this instance I was wrong, and I apologize to the OP (and my first post was edited as well).

Note that I didn't bring up contributing to the site, someone else did. I don't think being a contributor gives me any special preferential treatment, for what it's worth. I donate to this site and CGF because of the awesomeness they do, not for any other reason.

Retracting your statement does nothing for the guy you just crapped all over.
How about waiting until the troll shows himself for what he is? Then unload. Believe me, they can't stop at just one post so they'll be an easy target.

Havoc70
10-27-2010, 5:44 PM
Retracting your statement does nothing for the guy you just crapped all over.
How about waiting until the troll shows himself for what he is? Then unload. Believe me, they can't stop at just one post so they'll be an easy target.

Sorry, man, I'm in combat mode right now. That means my IFF swings towards foe by default.

I apologized, if that's not good enough for you, *shrug*. If that's good enough for the OP, that's all I care about.

rodeoflyer
10-28-2010, 9:12 AM
My apologies to the OP for jumping to conclusions. :(

Any further details?

freonr22
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
wow!