PDA

View Full Version : Nevada reciprocity with Florida

swhatb
10-27-2010, 12:06 PM
What's the status of Nevada reciprocity with Florida? It bites that Florida CCW are no longer valid in Nevada! Are people are working to resolve this issue so Florida has reciprocity once again with Nevada?

MP301
10-27-2010, 1:16 PM
IIRC, the reason that Nevada got rid of the reciprocity is because of the 7 year renewal as opposed to Nevada's 5 years. Nevada thinks you should be re checked for prohibition nno more then every 5 years. Plus, Florida has no shooting requirement either.

Best bet is to get your Nevada CCW permit.

AndrewMendez
10-27-2010, 1:27 PM
Get a Nevada Non Resident permit. IIRC correctly, Clark County will do it for 2? years, for 100 bucks, and that includes the training course. You get your permit the next day!! Also, LOC is completely legal every, with a few exceptions, i.e. NORTH Las Vegas.

nicki
10-27-2010, 1:48 PM
The non resident issue regarding CCW permits may be a non issue in the upcoming year, here is why.

The "Thune bill" got 58 votes in the Senate last year, you can bet it will come back, this time we will have 60 plus votes.

Many more counties will be shall issue thus those of us in "will issue" counties won't need out of state permits. We are already seeing counties flipping and now issuing more permits.

Nicki

MP301
10-27-2010, 4:56 PM
Get a Nevada Non Resident permit. IIRC correctly, Clark County will do it for 2? years, for 100 bucks, and that includes the training course. You get your permit the next day!! Also, LOC is completely legal every, with a few exceptions, i.e. NORTH Las Vegas.

I have a Nevada Non res and its the same price and same process as a resident one. Instructors have different prices ($75 to $125) and then the fees to the state. Mine is good for 5 years just like the resident permit. And I didnt get it the next day, but it was in my mail box 21 days from the day I turned in my paperwork.