PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company wont pick up my calls

G38xOC
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
i need ur help on this one ..

there are two different types on bcm upper 16" M4

one with SOCOM and one without ..

im new to rifle game and just wanted to know the difference .

prices are the same . im planning to pick one out of those two .

:D

Eargasm
10-27-2010, 11:06 AM
The SOCOM M4 profile is a mid weight profile barrel for the M4A1 Carbine. The flats milled under the handguards are for mounting of the M203. SOCOM requested the mid profile to better handle the volume of fire from their shooters. This profile is being adopted as a new standard for the M4A1 Carbine.

--BravoCompany

G38xOC
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
:confused:

which upper would u recommend ? or better .

as for the pics i can not tell the difference ..

Spdjunkie
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I'll try to help you out, Sending PM.

i1800collect
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
:confused:

which upper would u recommend ? or better .

as for the pics i can not tell the difference ..

Look at the barrel profiles. The SOCOM/middle profile barrel is noticeably thicker than the standard M4/govt profile barrel.

Trendkill
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I get very fast responses via email from them.....

Spdjunkie
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
The profiles main difference is = Weight.

IMHO: LW is the way to go

btw: BCM is VERY Busy, & I have only got through 1x time in the past. Their message says to email for the fastest response.

Interfan
10-27-2010, 12:12 PM
The SOCOM pattern is designed for heat management under severe conditions and very high round count full auto fire (i.e. MOUT in AFG or IRQ). The current SOCOM M4 is a 14.5" barrel version. It is not really necessary for a semi-auto AR, but is a nice feature for durability, albeit a bit on the heavy side.

To pick, it is really a matter of addressing your needs. If you plan on building a heavy duty gun that will see high round counts (3000+/month), then pick accordingly. If the gun is for home defense and occasional range use, then the reliability and quality of parts is key.

If you are new to ARs, get a standard M4 profile barrel, a good BUIS or carry handle, and shoot it until you get a feel for what you want to change.

BCM is a great company that produces a superb product, but the best way to contact them is email. They usually respond within a few minutes (during business hours) or the next morning.

The temptation to spend a ton on a lot of stuff is there, but it is best to get the experience to know what you really like first. It is always better to spend the money on ammo and get as much trigger time as you can.

Have fun!

i1800collect
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
The profiles main difference is = Weight.

IMHO: LW is the way to go

btw: BCM is VERY Busy, & I have only got through 1x time in the past. Their message says to email for the fastest response.

I agree. On a regular "fighting" carbine, go for as light a profile as possible. The weight savings is definitely worth it IMO. Unless you plan of shooting FA or for competition, you'll be hard pressed to notice a significant difference between the two.

G38xOC
10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your input .

does BCM upper provides life time warranty as well ?

G38xOC
10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Look at the barrel profiles. The SOCOM/middle profile barrel is noticeably thicker than the standard M4/govt profile barrel.

yea , i looked again . socom is thicker .

thanks

tomd1584
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM
have you emailed them? They're probably busy building kicka** quality products.

civilsnake
10-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't think they offer a lifetime warranty, but you'll know in the first few outings if something is wrong. They'll take care of that. But barrels are disposable and have a finite life. Don't worry about lifetime warranties on firearms. It's all sales gimmick.

For a first/general purpose fighting carbine, go lighter. I'd even say go for the lightweight midlength over the standard M4.

Dhena81
10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Well I like the Socom barrel or anything but a pencil barrel because when I shoot I usually just shot a S**t tone of rounds. I like going to classes I'm not much of a bench gun shooter or hunter so an ability to withstand heat from high volumes of fire are for me buy both don't worry if some of the guys make fun of you for being a "mall ninja."