View Full Version : Who modifies magazines to ten rounds?

Fred C Dobbs
10-27-2010, 8:13 AM
Do you of someone who will do the permanent modifications to shorten a hicap mag to ten rounds for Ca.?
I am considering getting one of the Bazooka Brothers 45 acp lowers that uses M3 Grease Gun Magazines. They have not addressed the ten round magazine thing yet. I talked to one of the owners and he is not sure what to do in that regard and is too busy making what looks like a great lower for AR 45 setups.
These are metal mags so you would think you could cut it off with a chop saw to the correct length plus a half inch, relieve the front and back sides, and bend and trim the bottom tabs to fit the bottom plate on the mag.
He says it's not that simple so maybe some kind of an insert could be soldered or spot welded in?
At any rate, I can't legally get the mags to work it out on my own. Anyone know someone who could do this?
Thanks in advance.

10-27-2010, 9:07 AM
It would probably be easier to permanently block it.

10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
call rifle gear or ammo Bros

Fred C Dobbs
10-30-2010, 4:39 PM
I found information on www.cncguns.com if anyone is interested. Someone sells a new mag cap that you attach with screws. Just cut the M3 Grease guns to whatever length.

10-30-2010, 5:01 PM
goto for sale section, theres TONS of sellers and people who sell blocked mags. or parts that block your mags.

10-30-2010, 5:14 PM
If you need help doing it yourself, I'll help you make and permanently install mag blocks in them. We can either JB weld or MIG the floorplates in place.

Vanilla Gorilla
10-30-2010, 5:18 PM
You could do it yourself just by putting a block of wood in it (or whatever material you wish to use) and welding the flor plate