PDA

View Full Version : lower half AR-15, Is this a good buy?

October
10-26-2010, 8:33 PM
JD Machine complete lower with bullet button installed, standard collapsible stock

370 out the door. Local gun shop

I have found Stag and other good companies have lowers for 290-300 but after shipping, FFL transfer and buying a bullet button, it comes roughly out to the same price. is this somewhat accurate? Also, its hard to find a dealer to ship a lower half AR to CA with a bullet button installed.

i1800collect
10-26-2010, 8:36 PM
Why don't you buy a stripped lower and assemble it yourself? It'll be cheaper and more fun. It's something everyone should do at least once and it's not hard at all. There are a lot of guides and video tutorials that will walk you though it.

Cyc Wid It
10-26-2010, 8:37 PM
That's high for standard stuff.

$150 OTD for a stripped lower (fees/tax)
$149 for a Magpul MOE stock + LPK
http://palmettostatearmory.com/598.php
or you can buy a RRA 2 stage trigger LPK for $110 and add your own stock kit for $100 and still come out under.
Bullet buttons are cheap.

BAGunner
10-26-2010, 8:42 PM
LMT lower with standard trigger, standard stock MSRP $330
LMT lower with standard trigger, SOPMOD stock MSRP $437

You can find online deal for ~$30 less.

DROS 25 + 40 FFL = ~365 out the door.

JD Machine complete lower with bullet button installed, standard collapsible stock

370 out the door. Local gun shop

I have found Stag and other good companies have lowers for 290-300 but after shipping, FFL transfer and buying a bullet button, it comes roughly out to the same price. is this somewhat accurate? Also, its hard to find a dealer to ship a lower half AR to CA with a bullet button installed.