10-26-2010, 9:21 PM
WEPlZYp5-Pk&

bballwizard05
10-26-2010, 9:21 PM
no workie...?

Skidmark
10-26-2010, 9:24 PM
That's a great ad.

After her hundred and fifty millions... she's sagging in the polls, and looks to be going down to defeat. Stick a fork in her, she's done. And California, all of California, wins.

gewgaw
10-26-2010, 9:26 PM
No matter what you think of Meg or Jerry, you gotta admit, that is one great ad.

That's like secret camera footage of Ronald McDonald eating at El Pollo Loco on his lunch break.

OleCuss
10-26-2010, 9:29 PM
That is a great ad! It's not even going to come close to getting me to vote for JB, but credit where credit is due.

bigmike82
10-26-2010, 9:32 PM
That's freakin' brilliant.

fred40
10-26-2010, 9:33 PM
Haha talk about an "oops" Meg is an idiot.

OleCuss
10-26-2010, 9:37 PM
This isn't a "Meg is an idiot" thing. This is a clever use of a very innocuous statement on her part.

I first came to California in 1982 - it was a very different and better place at that time. People like Jerry Brown have had several more decades to run it into the ground. The fact that JB had not yet succeeded at destroying California at that time does not mean that he was beneficial to the state or even a halfway decent governor.

SideWinder11
10-26-2010, 9:58 PM
I think she should incorporate this into an ad

AIlzYD4tk78

gtturborex
10-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Wow... That is all

Recession
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Regardless who wins, we all lose.

Bhobbs
10-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't know how this proves that JB will be a good Gov. It just proves that CA used to be a good place to start and run a business.

guayuque
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
This isn't a "Meg is an idiot" thing. This is a clever use of a very innocuous statement on her part.

I first came to California in 1982 - it was a very different and better place at that time. People like Jerry Brown have had several more decades to run it into the ground. The fact that JB had not yet succeeded at destroying California at that time does not mean that he was beneficial to the state or even a halfway decent governor.

Well, having greater experience than you, you are wrong. California was the envy of most states without superior schools, universities, jobs, etc. JB left office just as soon as you got here, so you are about as time conscious as Whitman.

It is a a Whitman is an idiot thing. Her biggest selling point is that she is this uber CEO, astoundingly competent, rapier like efficiency, unparalleled vision, sharpest intellect, a manager without peer that can spot and manage talent. I mean who else could have turned eBay into this internet phenomenon, right? All of this begs the question then - how did she not see this one coming. She maybe a somewhat more than mediocre CEO, but she cannot play government or politics with the big boys and that is something we need right now, not another neophyte goof a la Arnold.

guayuque
10-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know how this proves that JB will be a good Gov. It just proves that CA used to be a good place to start and run a business.

It still is.

IntoForever
10-26-2010, 11:32 PM

^ this

fullrearview
10-26-2010, 11:35 PM

Bingo!

tankarian
10-27-2010, 12:31 AM
A turd and a douche.
Which one are you voting for?

N6ATF
10-27-2010, 12:44 AM
It still is.

If your business is "servicing" the government. Literally and double entendredly.

A turd and a douche.
Which one are you voting for?

Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd. The core of the brown is pro-2A, from which all the other rights can be guaranteed.

A douche is just a container of fluid. No real substance.

AndrewMendez
10-27-2010, 12:47 AM
What part of the Second Amendment talks about the Governors race?

00cummins4x4
10-27-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm writing myself in for Governor. The lesser of two evils isn't good enough for me to vote for.

kf6tac
10-27-2010, 1:10 AM

AIlzYD4tk78

She used the audio from that in radio ads. I haven't heard that particular radio ad in awhile, but it got a lot of airtime during the August/September timeframe, I want to say.

NightOwl
10-27-2010, 2:06 AM
I'm writing myself in for Governor. The lesser of two evils isn't good enough for me to vote for.

...and the other 4 candidates don't meet with your approval either? Surely one or two of them are decent...

Merc1138
10-27-2010, 2:15 AM
It still is.

What? Dude, California is currently one of the WORST states to start a business. Why do you think a lot of larger companies are opening up operations out of state? It's so they can shift more of their operations out of state to avoid the taxes, fees, labor costs(on top of salaries), land costs, etc. Growth of new business has also tanked over the past 10 years with idiotically high taxes and ridiculously high property values for office space. Hell, head to the montague/trimble/brokaw/1st street area in san jose, probably 1/4 of the offices are empty and have been for years. 10-15 years ago that area was packed. Some of those buildings are massive and would normally house a dozen or more small businesses, and they have 1-2 tenants. There's lots of other areas in "Silicon Valley" in the same boat.

The thing is, it's got nothing to do with who is or isn't governor, it's the bat$#!% crazy legislature that's screwed it all up.

PEBKAC
10-27-2010, 2:30 AM

AIlzYD4tk78
There is a certain honesty about that which is refreshing. Straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Seriously, people who believe what comes from the mouths of ~any~ politicians are a special kind of gullible.

Also this belongs in Off Topic...

PsychGuy274
10-27-2010, 2:58 AM
That ad was awesome!

ZX-10R
10-27-2010, 7:35 AM
That's a great ad.

After her hundred and fifty millions... she's sagging in the polls, and looks to be going down to defeat. Stick a fork in her, she's done. And California, all of California, wins.

She's done for sure but once Brown is in office, California will be even closer to being done.

What a shame...This state is a big time FAIL with the way people vote.

greasemonkey
10-27-2010, 7:46 AM
The truth can be kind of uncomfortable, huh? I'd rather hear something like that than all the empty campaign promises, smears and misguiding lies.

AIlzYD4tk78

SupportGeek
10-27-2010, 8:19 AM

AIlzYD4tk78

This seriously isn't any kind of revelation, other than the fact that its a remarkably HONEST answer from a politician about how dishonest every last one of them are.
If anything I have to give him credit for owning up to it.

I said it before, a politicians ONLY job is to get elected, nothing else to them matters.
This is true across the board for every one of them.

This state is a big time FAIL with the way people vote.

I dont blame it as much on the voters as I do on the domination of the 2 crap 2 party system, and even MORE on the Republican party for not putting up a better candidate, no more "lesser of 2 evils" please.

zenthemighty
10-27-2010, 9:43 AM
That's a great ad.

ROTFLMAO! This might be a 2A win, but Brown's a joke on most other issues. Not saying that Whitman's better... Neither are a WIN for California.

Wherryj
10-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Wow, when you put it that way the ad seems just a bit misleading...

Wherryj
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
...and the other 4 candidates don't meet with your approval either? Surely one or two of them are decent...

I'd say that he has about as much chance of winning the governor's office as the other four candidates do-at least statistically speaking.

1 vote or 1% of the vote gives the same result at the polls.

Wherryj
10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
If your business is "servicing" the government. Literally and double entendredly.

Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd. The core of the brown is pro-2A, from which all the other rights can be guaranteed.

A douche is just a container of fluid. No real substance.

What have you got against Doug?

http://www.bobandtom.com/cimages/var/bobandtom/storage/images/repository/photos/vote-doug-ladouche/207742-1-eng-US/Vote-Doug-LaDouche_photo_medium.jpg

CEDaytonaRydr
10-27-2010, 11:04 AM

+1

Yeah, I'm voting for Dale Ogden. I'm also pre-ordering my bumper sticker that says "Don't Blame Me! I voted for Ogden". ;)

sholling
10-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I always find it amusing that people in here hate Whitman because she's a successful capitalist that got wealthy. Success and money = evil in California.

Those same people love Brown because he's an anti-economic freedom leftist that's never held a real job in his life. Wacked out leftist = good in California.

I figure that as unemployment moves up from 2,000,000 to closer to 3,000,000 that I'll be forced to leave to survive. But I look at the bright side. Even though it'll cost me a fortune to sell off everything and move there is a lot more freedom in Nevada and Texas and I won't have $500 billion in state debt hanging over my head. Probably closer to $1 trillion by the time Jerry pays back the public employees unions for getting him back into the governor's office. But hey what's all that wrong with seeing unemployment go up 50% and your gasoline prices double, and your utilities double, and your taxes go waaaaaaay up... the important thing is to keep successful business people out of office and vote for the Democrat that promises to raise taxes. :rolleyes:

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
That's like secret camera footage of Ronald McDonald eating at El Pollo Loco on his lunch break.

You owe me a new keyboard.

I like the new ad where they A/B the Governator and E-Meg word-for-word.

I'm not a fan of Jerry Brown, but this lady did nothing but blow 150 million for nothing.

Will a REAL Republican canidate please stand up! :mad:

rodeoflyer
10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I always find it amusing that people in here hate Whitman because she's a successful capitalist that got wealthy. Success and money = evil in California.

Where? I don't see a lot of hating on her because she is a successful capitalist. Let's start another thread on how she made that money...:rolleyes:

I'll speak for myself - I don't like her because she BOUGHT a nomination. I don't care whose money she did it with. She has NO voting record. She has so little experience in politics that she seemingly didn't realize that ALL of her skeletons would be found and exploited. if she REALLY wanted to help California, she could used all her millions to put a REAL canidate in office.

Rant off. :mad: