PDA

View Full Version : Rookie AR build

Scotydo
10-26-2010, 7:04 PM
I recently bought a stripped AR lower. The lower is a Spikes Tactical. I am looking into a Spikes 16" M4 LE upper. I also like the Rock River Arms Elite Comp Upper Half. Has anyone had any experience with Spikes Tactical or RRA and their products?

-HITMAN-
10-26-2010, 7:11 PM
don't know much about RRA, I do know that spikes is good to go... also try checking out BCM, great uppers and pretty inexpensive.

!@#$
10-26-2010, 7:40 PM
the spikes is much better quality. get the middy unless you really want the M4 look.

do worry about the "chart" if you care about QC and testing.

Average Joe American
10-26-2010, 7:44 PM
It depends on if you want a 4140 chromloly steel barrel or a 4150 chromoly vanadium steel barrel?

Do you want a 1:7 twist barrel or a 1:9 twist?

I think Spikes comes with the vanadium steel and 1:7 twist which is as close to mil-spec as your gonna get. Just like BCM and such. Do you need mil-spec? Probably not unless you are a hard core shooter or you own a full auto/select fire lower.

ocpokesmot
10-26-2010, 7:46 PM
I recently bought a stripped AR lower. The lower is a Spikes Tactical. I am looking into a Spikes 16" M4 LE upper. I also like the Rock River Arms Elite Comp Upper Half. Has anyone had any experience with Spikes Tactical or RRA and their products?

I just got the Spikes M4 LE and I think that the quality is superb and you wont be dissapointed. Oh and order the upper from area51tactical.com . Its was $485 with shipping. Also I got a Stag lower parts kit, and there is a member on here selling 6 position stocks for $40 shipped. Good luck to you with all your decision making.

C_1
10-26-2010, 8:20 PM
LMT, DD or BCM for the win :) But of the 2, Spikes, and it should be good enough.