PDA

View Full Version : Sig P556 single shot pistol - AOW?

moleculo
10-26-2010, 6:20 PM
Two questions:

1. Is the Sig P556 single shot pistol considered an AOW and need to be purchased on behalf of my living trust?

2. If after I purchase it, I convert it to semi-auto, is there any reason why I can't have it configured with detachable 10 round magazines? It's just a pistol, right? Is there any reason why it needs to have a bullet button in a pistol configuration? (maybe flash hider makes it require this?)

Kharn
10-26-2010, 6:25 PM
What makes you think it is an AOW?

moleculo
10-26-2010, 6:27 PM
What makes you think it is an AOW?

Why would it need to be sold in a single shot configuration if it wasn't? I don't know, which is why I'm asking?

ke6guj
10-26-2010, 6:29 PM
Two questions:

1. Is the Sig P556 single shot pistol considered an AOW and need to be purchased on behalf of my living trust?why do you think it would be an AOW? It doens't have a VFG or smoothbore.

2. If after I purchase it, I convert it to semi-auto, is there any reason why I can't have it configured with detachable 10 round magazines? It's just a pistol, right? Is there any reason why it needs to have a bullet button in a pistol configuration? (maybe flash hider makes it require this?)it needs to have a maglock because otherwise it would a semi-automatic pistol with a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip?

You need to look at hte handgun flowchart to see how all the laws affect the legaliity of the handgun as it sits there. Single-shot status to comply with the roster is separate from AW legality.

ke6guj
10-26-2010, 6:30 PM
Why would it need to be sold in a single shot configuration if it wasn't? I don't know, which is why I'm asking?Single-shot configuration is so that it is exempt from the Roster.

moleculo
10-26-2010, 6:42 PM
Now I understand...got it. Yeah I forgot about the restriction on having the detachable magazine outside the pistol grip.

wildhawker
10-26-2010, 6:46 PM
Now I understand...got it. Yeah I forgot about the restriction on having the detachable magazine outside the pistol grip.

Based on this and other recent posts, please do yourself a favor and search, study and then re-read everything twice.

moleculo
10-26-2010, 7:17 PM
Based on this and other recent posts, please do yourself a favor and search, study and then re-read everything twice.

Exactly which other recent posts; the one about the alcohol restrictions on the CCW app? From the number of posts that generated, it seems that there was some beneficial discussion to be had from it.

And please don't take offense to this, but vBulletin search is a major fail. As a fellow vBulletin large site administrator, I know the pain...

chaseface
10-26-2010, 7:55 PM
True sometimes its easier to just ask a question then to read through 50 pages to get a legit answer

Ibgreezy
10-26-2010, 8:48 PM
Wouldnt it be the same as an ar pistol or ak pistol?