PDA

View Full Version : What about Attorey General?

Ccraig38
10-26-2010, 8:14 AM
Ive seen the polls for Governor, but I think we are forgetting another important person. Which candidate, if any, is pro-gun. Obviously Kamala Harris wouldn't be the best thing for California gun owners, but I have not heard/found much about Steve Cooley (nor any other candidate) and gun issues. Any ideas for AG?

(If there is another thread that I missed that is about this topic, please point me in the right direction)

Shenaniguns
10-26-2010, 8:19 AM
I will NOT vote for Kamala Harris!!!!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=335914

Ccraig38
10-26-2010, 8:23 AM
I will NOT vote for Kamala Harris!!!!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=335914

Ahh, there we go. Just what I am looking for. Thank you for the link.

webster223
10-26-2010, 9:10 AM
Steve Cooley is no prize but Kamala Harris is worse.

Flopper
10-26-2010, 9:16 AM
:lurk5: while I wait for the naive among us to shout "Unwinnable third party candidate!" to inadvertently throw election to Harris.

chuckdc
10-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Harris is not just "not the best thing", she's a stark raving nutter on gun issues. She's the one who thinks that owners don't have 4th amendment rights. There was a quote from her rattling around, that said something like they would just walk into the homes of gun owners to make sure the guns were safely stored, etc. Umm, gotta warrant for that, Kamala? And what crime is being committed that would even GET you a warrant?.

Cooley is no prize, but Harris is a walking catastrophe looking for a place to happen.

berto
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Cooley is the only answer. Voting third way and helping Harris is inexcusable as a gun owner or a person with even a shred of common sense.

Steyr_223
10-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Democrat here..Voting for Steve Cooley..Harris is a horrible choice.

meg
10-26-2010, 10:47 AM
On the other hand, Kamala Harris as AG would just get a nice big barrel loaded full of fish for the CGF & Friends to shoot into. We'd have, I'm sure, a nice winning streak amassed by the time she left office.

cmichini
10-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Similar to the Senate Race, the D is so bad in this case that there is an imperative to make sure they do not win, so I will vote R.

I am usually down with the third party because the D's and R's are exactly the same lousy thing (IMO) just poised on opposite sides of the hate to attract the ideologues and their money.

But in this case (and for Boxer) there is such a need to ensure they do NOT win, I am compelled to vote for the R. We HAVE to keep Boxer and Harris away from office, at any and all costs.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-26-2010, 4:43 PM
Huffington Post article on the "Female Obama" being attacked by evil out of state Republican money.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/big-business-money-target_n_773726.html

CCWFacts
10-26-2010, 7:43 PM
Obviously Kamala Harris wouldn't be the best thing for California gun owners, but I have not heard/found much about Steve Cooley (nor any other candidate) and gun issues. Any ideas for AG?

Kamala Harris would be frighteningly awful for California gun owners. She's beyond bad. She's more anti-gun than Feinstein and Boxer and any other gun banners you know by name. Who to vote for in the AG race is extremely clear: Steve Cooley. It's not just gun issues but just about everything. This is a very clear-cut race.

kperry
10-26-2010, 7:46 PM
Democrat here..Voting for Steve Cooley..Harris is a horrible choice.

Same here... Sent off my absentee ballot today.

Silverlake223
10-26-2010, 7:51 PM
Cooley all the way! Harris is an ultra tree hugging liberal who will wind up in Obama's administration after she loose's this election.

EricFi1
10-26-2010, 8:07 PM
harris is horrible. she refused to go for the death penalty on a guy who killed a copy in San Fran. the entire SFPD was pissed!
She's a liberal to the bone.. pretty much can make boxer and feinstein look like conservatives.
She'll be supporting lori saldana!

Cali-Shooter
10-26-2010, 8:43 PM
+1 vote (mine) for Steve Cooley.

berto
10-26-2010, 8:45 PM
On the other hand, Kamala Harris as AG would just get a nice big barrel loaded full of fish for the CGF & Friends to shoot into. We'd have, I'm sure, a nice winning streak amassed by the time she left office.

Limited resources wasted on needless battles.

Cooley is the answer.

hoffmang
10-26-2010, 9:51 PM
Not CGF"s official position:

If you want to see performance art by CGF, vote Harris.

If you're sane, vote Cooley...

-Gene

dantodd
10-26-2010, 9:58 PM

I have to say that the thought had occurred to me that it would be "interesting" to have someone with Harris' "qualifications" in the AG office. It would be like Allison getting a promotion.

wildhawker
10-26-2010, 10:26 PM

-Gene

You do realize that at least a few people here would choose what's behind door #1, if only for sport.

Where is that damnable couch...

:hide:

Ah, there it is! :chris:

thebronze
10-27-2010, 5:49 AM
Kamala Harris would be frighteningly awful for California gun owners. She's beyond bad. She's more anti-gun than Feinstein and Boxer and any other gun banners you know by name. Who to vote for in the AG race is extremely clear: Steve Cooley. It's not just gun issues but just about everything. This is a very clear-cut race.

This.

capo
10-27-2010, 6:12 AM
I would rather gouge my eyes out with a pitchfork than vote for Harris.

greasemonkey
10-27-2010, 6:16 AM
Why do you gotta out me like that?!
You do realize that at least a few people here would choose what's behind door #1, if only for sport.

Where is that damnable couch...

:hide:

Ah, there it is! :chris:

johnny_22
10-27-2010, 6:47 AM

-Gene

If Harris is elected, I will be too scared to own ARs anymore. Cooley ain't perfect, but, he is better than the Cop-killer loving, family-annihilator loving Harris.

Wherryj
10-27-2010, 9:31 AM
Harris is not just "not the best thing", she's a stark raving nutter on gun issues. She's the one who thinks that owners don't have 4th amendment rights. There was a quote from her rattling around, that said something like they would just walk into the homes of gun owners to make sure the guns were safely stored, etc. Umm, gotta warrant for that, Kamala? And what crime is being committed that would even GET you a warrant?.

Cooley is no prize, but Harris is a walking catastrophe looking for a place to happen.
http://armedandsafe.blogspot.com/2007/05/violating-two-bill-of-rights-amendments.html
"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs," Harris said.

The quote is also present here for those who don't like blogs/conservative sources:
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/california-authorities-continue-to-push-for-body-armor-ban

greasemonkey
10-27-2010, 9:40 AM
If Harris is elected, I will be too scared to own ARs anymore. Cooley ain't perfect, but, he is better than the Cop-killer loving, family-annihilator loving Harris.

Ah but it'd be a good test case to shove down her throat with all due respect to her :)

J.D.Allen
10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Anybody got any pollingdata on how this race is going?

berto
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
40%-35% last week in favor of Cooley with 17% undecided.

Stopping Harris now is important for more than just 2A reasons.

sbrady@Michel&Associates
10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
I did not see this thread, but I provided the below link to a good clip of Ms. Harris talking about Heller and banning guns in the other thread about the AG race:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=6232368