PDA

View Full Version : Rape Suspect Held at Gun Point Until Police Arrives

BAGunner
10-25-2010, 2:37 PM
Mainstream media should report such news more....
"Oh No, that doesn't fit our agenda..."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8505872/

Raleigh, N.C. — A Smithfield man is accused of raping and biting a 22-year-old woman after breaking into her Raleigh apartment.

Mitchell Dean Morrison, 25, of 4163 N.C. Highway 210, faces three counts of first-degree rape, first-degree sex offense and assault on a female. He is also charged with first-degree burglary, false imprisonment and assault with a deadly weapon, according to authorities.

Morrison is accused of breaking into the victim’s apartment on Park Avenue and raping her on Sunday, according to court documents. During the attack, he is accused of holding a steak knife to her neck causing multiple lacerations, punching her in the face, slapping her and biting her neck leaving visible teeth marks.

Authorities said Morrison also held the woman against her will.

The victim ran into another room to get help from her roommate. He held Morrison at gunpoint until police arrived.

Havoc70
10-25-2010, 2:39 PM
What I'm wondering is why didn't the roommate hear what was going on instead of this woman having to get him?

Ugh.

Alaric
10-25-2010, 3:14 PM
Maybe he thought it was consensual until informed otherwise?

Havoc70
10-25-2010, 4:07 PM
Maybe he thought it was consensual until informed otherwise?

Normally, I would laugh and say "Yeah, right". Then again, I do remember one night when the police knocked on my door and I had to answer it in a rather unflattering manner with a bathrobe on. Apparently, my then girlfriend was being a bit too enthusiastic and our upstairs neighbors thought something was amiss.

Still, though, I'd imagine there would be a lot of yelling for help. Then again, maybe not if he had a knife to her throat, she may have been afraid to say anything.

The brazenness of this attack is also cause for concern. The attack happened with someone else in the house and the perp didn't give a crap.

IrishPirate
10-25-2010, 4:11 PM
What I'm wondering is why didn't the roommate hear what was going on instead of this woman having to get him?

Ugh.

you never know what someone is doing in their room. Not knowning what sounds were happening in the house makes it impossible to pass judgement. I feel bad for the woman. Hopefully the attacker finds out what the inside of the Gas Chamber looks like.

Havoc70
10-25-2010, 4:14 PM
you never know what someone is doing in their room. Not knowning what sounds were happening in the house makes it impossible to pass judgement. I feel bad for the woman. Hopefully the attacker finds out what the inside of the Gas Chamber looks like.

Please don't misconstrue anything I've said as meaning I thought she was at fault for anything! I feel horrible for her, too, and I'm glad it had an ending that resulted with her being alive (I can't really call it a happy ending).

And personally, I hope he doesn't find the inside of the gas chamber, I hope he's strapped to a surgical table and his testicles removed with a red-hot butter knife, his penis severed and a rubber catheter surgically implanted in his bladder and on enough stimulants to keep him from passing out from the pain. That way the nutless bastard could live in Depends undergarments for the rest of his life.

Death is too good for this particular kind of scum.

Skidmark
10-25-2010, 4:15 PM
Mainstream media should report such news more....
"Oh No, that's doesn't fit our agenda..."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8505872/

Who has the agenda? I've been to Raleigh plenty of times. WRAL is about as mainstream as it gets, and a CBS affiliate to boot.

negolien
10-25-2010, 4:42 PM
Opps I tripped and had a ND as he came at me with a knife.. What a shame....I agree that the MSM often ignores stories where guns help a victim or homeowner because they have an agenda to push.

formerTexan
10-25-2010, 6:02 PM
Who has the agenda? I've been to Raleigh plenty of times. WRAL is about as mainstream as it gets, and a CBS affiliate to boot.

The fact that this isn't on the national wires, like AP, Reuters, etc.

This is a well known issue with stories like these, and the national wires. A "bad" shoot story (bad guy does the shooting), depending on the which "groups" the involved people are in, makes it on the national wire services. Where as defensive gun use/shooting, almost always NEVER makes it. Most stories you see where defensive use of gun is involved, always comes from an affiliate, like this, and not on the "national" news sites.

morfeeis
10-25-2010, 7:53 PM
Please don't misconstrue anything I've said as meaning I thought she was at fault for anything! I feel horrible for her, too, and I'm glad it had an ending that resulted with her being alive (I can't really call it a happy ending).

And personally, I hope he doesn't find the inside of the gas chamber, I hope he's strapped to a surgical table and his testicles removed with a red-hot butter knife, his penis severed and a rubber catheter surgically implanted in his bladder and on enough stimulants to keep him from passing out from the pain. That way the nutless bastard could live in Depends undergarments for the rest of his life.

Death is too good for this particular kind of scum.
dude you've got a very very dark side.....

sucks the roommate didn't hear anything sooner, i bet he felt like **** that he didn't get there sooner, but happy he was there to help at all.

J-cat
10-25-2010, 8:56 PM
Opps I tripped and had a ND as he came at me with a knife.. What a shame....I agree that the MSM often ignores stories where guns help a victim or homeowner because they have an agenda to push.

Nooooooooooooooo. Never say you shot another accidentally in self defense.

GrizzlyGuy
10-26-2010, 7:26 AM
Normally, I would laugh and say "Yeah, right". Then again, I do remember one night when the police knocked on my door and I had to answer it in a rather unflattering manner with a bathrobe on. Apparently, my then girlfriend was being a bit too enthusiastic and our upstairs neighbors thought something was amiss.

Wow! The exact same thing happened to me back in my college days, but I didn't have a robe and had to greet the LEOs in my undies. I'm glad I'm not alone. :o The LEOs were cool about it and handled the situation well. Their guns were holstered and they didn't demand entry, maybe because my roommate was home and answered the door. However, they refused to leave our doorstep and insisted that my girlfriend come out and confirm my story. Fortunately she DID have a robe but was still thoroughly embarrassed thanks to the crowd of fellow-student onlookers that had gathered outside and were watching with amusement.

Back on topic, I'm very sorry that the young lady had to endure this kind of attack by a cretin that consumes more air than their life is worth. But it's nice to see that the good guys prevailed in the end.

a1c
10-26-2010, 7:44 AM
The fact that this isn't on the national wires, like AP, Reuters, etc.

This is a well known issue with stories like these, and the national wires. A "bad" shoot story (bad guy does the shooting), depending on the which "groups" the involved people are in, makes it on the national wire services. Where as defensive gun use/shooting, almost always NEVER makes it. Most stories you see where defensive use of gun is involved, always comes from an affiliate, like this, and not on the "national" news sites.

Really? I used to work in that line of business. I've never seen evidence or facts to prove what you are suggesting.

nukechaser
10-26-2010, 8:05 AM
Nooooooooooooooo. Never say you shot another accidentally in self defense.

+1 This!

formerTexan
10-26-2010, 8:12 AM
Really? I used to work in that line of business. I've never seen evidence or facts to prove what you are suggesting.

Here is a link to google news search on "Mitchell Dean Morrison", the accused name:
http://news.google.com/news/more?q=Mitchell+Dean+Morrison&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=LS7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivno&resnum=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dARPoAbxbfrUr_MQHTuHsuiaXwMtM&ei=kvzGTMWLKIT58AaXmbAG&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQqgIoADAA

I don't see any national wire "by lines". So why isn't it on the national wires? However,this was:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/25/woman-kids-shot-killed-chicago-suburb/

And guess what, its was written up by AP.

adrenaline
10-26-2010, 8:24 AM

Ugh.

Her roommates were up watching movies.

When I want that cinema experience, sometimes I'll have my Bose system cranked WAY THE HELL up. Maybe he knew she had a guy over and really didn't want to hear any activities. Either way, I think what he did was very commendable.

Havoc70
10-26-2010, 9:13 AM
dude you've got a very very dark side.....

sucks the roommate didn't hear anything sooner, i bet he felt like **** that he didn't get there sooner, but happy he was there to help at all.

Not so much a dark side as a complete and utter disdain of animals disguised as humans. Once you've committed a rape or murder, you are no longer entitled to be called "human" and are henceforth merely a bipedal animal and should be dealt with accordingly.

And yes, I'm damn glad the roommate did what he did, at least he saved her life. If I was him, I'd feel like crap, too. Then again, it seems like circumstances weren't originally what I thought they were. Loud movies hide a lot of noises.

And I'll accept having a dark side :). I'm an old testament kind of guy. I am not forgiving for certain crimes.

And thanks for the sig material :).