PDA

View Full Version : Sunnyvale PC holds up lic. for 30 year FFL holder

mj1
10-25-2010, 2:04 PM
I was chatting with my FFL about getting another Yugo M57 and he tells me the Police Chief had had his city lic. on his deck for over 30 days and now his FFL is five days past due. He has called the PC who won't tlak to him several time and now an asstant tells him the PC has to taklk it over with the city att. before he can talk to the FFL. Now this guy has been at this for over 30 years in Sunnyvale with never a problem. Can they refuse his renewal? Can they drag it out so long his FFL goes past due? Does he have any rights to demand a resonable answer it a timely manner aftre just over two months? He has passed every ATFE inspection and keeps his tax info/payments currant. Where can I find him some help?

TIA
..MJ..

Crom
10-25-2010, 3:01 PM
I would recommend to the FFL to seek legal help immediately. He has a right to operate his business.

freonr22
10-25-2010, 3:08 PM
Tag

Untamed1972
10-25-2010, 3:11 PM
Is he renewing an existing license? or applying for a new one to move into a new city?

Paul S
10-25-2010, 3:51 PM
I would recommend to the FFL to seek legal help immediately. He has a right to operate his business.

^^ This....ASAP if not sooner.

Robidouxs
10-25-2010, 4:10 PM
If this is the individual I think it is then he is a table-top, residential based, FFL.

anthonyca
10-25-2010, 4:54 PM
If this is the individual I think it is then he is a table-top, residential based, FFL.

I was thinking the same thing. The guy I am thinking of is a nice guy.

Nor-Cal
10-25-2010, 5:39 PM
This ain't right, I would sugest legal help to get this problem solved! Asap!

formerTexan
10-25-2010, 7:08 PM
I would warn the FFL to not take whatever advice the west coast offices of the ATF, without first checking with the main office. A friend of mine, who's a FFL, was told by a west coast ATF office to send in his FFL. You don't do that unless you're giving it up. He was trying to move his FFL address. My friend called the main office, and they main office told him to ignore the west coast office advice.

Again, if he needs ATF, call the main office. The west coast offices seems to be run by people who seems to want to reduce the number of FFLs by giving them the worst possible ways to do things.

With regards to the local pd chief, I echo what others have said, get a lawyer involved, because this type of thing is their duty, and if affects not only the FFLs livelihood, but now a fundamental right.

mj1
10-26-2010, 8:29 AM
Who can I recomend for him to contact? As I stated in the title of the first post he has had his FFL at the same address for 30 years.

freonr22
10-26-2010, 9:42 AM
http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/hotline

here^^