PDA

View Full Version : I found this funny picture and now i'm curious if I could probably do the same?

Verci0013
10-25-2010, 1:59 AM
Can I leave signs like this on my lawn?

http://i51.tinypic.com/bf3w4g.jpg

Moress
10-25-2010, 3:07 AM
I don't think it's illegal, but it seems kind of like a douche thing to do. I mean if you have a problem with your neighbor, me thinks it's better to just talk to him/her about it. If they're solid anti's, then to each his own I suppose, but something like that seems like it would make the situation worse.

Plus it also advertises to would be intruders that you have guns in the home, it's practically beging every crook on the block to break into your house and steel your goods, or god forbid, do you and your family harm.

Funny, but impractical imo :D

BusBoy
10-25-2010, 7:53 AM
While funny... methinks/obvious photoshop.

tiki
10-25-2010, 8:22 AM

MeAgree.

CHS
10-25-2010, 4:44 PM
Not only is it a total d-bag thing to do, you could probably be held criminally negligent or otherwise liable IF in fact your neighbors actually had their house broken into (or even worse) because of the sign.

On top of that, it pretty much also tells criminals "HEY! I've got a bunch of guns you can steal when I'm not home!".

And with a sign like that, you think your neighbors would call the cops if YOUR house was getting broken into?

Havoc70
10-25-2010, 4:52 PM
Obvious photoshop job. Any house with that many flowers and those god awful wreaths can't possibly belong to someone who owns guns :).

SoCal Gunner
10-25-2010, 4:58 PM
Obvious photoshop job. Any house with that many flowers and those god awful wreaths can't possibly belong to someone who owns guns :).
:rofl:

Kingsman
10-25-2010, 5:27 PM

Hey! I like to shoot guns and I like to look good while doing it and don't you forget it. :D

Havoc70
10-25-2010, 5:28 PM
Hey! I like to shoot guns and I like to look good while doing it and don't you forget it. :D

Yah, but those don't look good! No self-respecting gun owner would let the foliage overgrow his/her path so much!

N6ATF
10-25-2010, 6:00 PM
Be better off putting up a sign saying "Everyone in this neighborhood is armed. Ya feel lucky, punk?"

bjl333
10-25-2010, 6:04 PM
Be better off putting up a sign saying "Everyone in this neighborhood is armed. Ya feel lucky, punk?"

I like this idea !! :D

the_natterjack
10-25-2010, 6:08 PM
I suspect you would find more than your neighbors dog poop sitting on your grass and I wouldn't blame them one bit. WE are better then that.

Attiic
10-25-2010, 6:48 PM
Hey! those flowers are tactical concealment!

cowboy777
10-25-2010, 7:04 PM
"It's not illegal just frowned upon like masturbating on airplanes!" fat jesus

GuyW
10-25-2010, 7:04 PM
...you could probably be held criminally negligent or otherwise liable IF in fact your neighbors actually had their house broken into (or even worse) because of the sign.

How do you figure that?

1st Amendment??

choprzrul
10-25-2010, 7:21 PM
Flowers = Hawaiian shirt camo = suburbia tactical

CHS
10-25-2010, 7:23 PM
How do you figure that?

1st Amendment??

Speech that incites others to rob/murder/rape a neighbor is probably not protected.

blackberg
10-25-2010, 7:52 PM
thats an obvious photoshop, but for $40ish and PM it can be real :biggrinjester::hide:
-bb

slappomatt
10-25-2010, 8:33 PM
http://community.spiceworks.com/attachments/post/0001/8450/shoppe10.jpg

morfeeis
10-25-2010, 8:42 PM
x3 but never the less funny as hell.

rrr70
10-25-2010, 9:11 PM
Yah, but those don't look good! No self-respecting gun owner would let the foliage overgrow his/her path so much!

How am I suposed to hide claymores and tripwires?:confused:

jamesob
10-25-2010, 9:19 PM
Not only is it a total d-bag thing to do, you could probably be held criminally negligent or otherwise liable IF in fact your neighbors actually had their house broken into (or even worse) because of the sign.

On top of that, it pretty much also tells criminals "HEY! I've got a bunch of guns you can steal when I'm not home!".

And with a sign like that, you think your neighbors would call the cops if YOUR house was getting broken into?

lol, i don't think so. if it was true what you said to guyw, anyone who said go **** yurself would be guilty of a crime.

CHS
10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
lol, i don't think so. if it was true what you said to guyw, anyone who said go **** yurself would be guilty of a crime.

That's just a LITTLE different than putting up something that ACTIVELY encourages criminals to break into your neighbors houses.

We're talking active incitement of a criminal act. Slight difference from a simple insult.

fullrearview
10-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes I would, IF my neighbors were that anti for me to put that up (never would, but I bet the following would happen)......

I think the Burglar would trip, fall and break his leg, then they would tell him to sue me for the medical costs and loss of income because he is a victim of society.

jamesob
10-26-2010, 7:30 AM
That's just a LITTLE different than putting up something that ACTIVELY encourages criminals to break into your neighbors houses.

We're talking active incitement of a criminal act. Slight difference from a simple insult.

i think what you say would be true if, there was any manipulating or force used on someone to commit a crime. but as for a simple sign? never would someone be guilty of that.

CHS
10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
i think what you say would be true if, there was any manipulating or force used on someone to commit a crime. but as for a simple sign? never would someone be guilty of that.

If it ever came up in civil court, I certainly wouldn't put money on that statement.

TempleKnight
10-26-2010, 6:19 PM
http://community.spiceworks.com/attachments/post/0001/8450/shoppe10.jpg

The line in the sky between the ship and the airplane is a dead giveaway.

blackberg
10-26-2010, 7:56 PM
The line in the sky between the ship and the airplane is a dead giveaway.

what line? :D
-bb

ale014
10-27-2010, 6:37 PM
OK, i would like to quote practically every post on here, but i don't want to :D. This is why i like calguns, bunch of great guys and gals who like to crack jokes here and there, i couldn't stop laughing! thanks OP for that funny picture you found.

(i would not mind spending 40$ and a PM to get it done, of course i would not use it...unless i had too! ;)) don't mind being a d-bag for a day, or couple of hours, whatever :biggrinjester:

GOEX FFF
10-27-2010, 7:00 PM
Agreed, that would be a douche-bag thing to do to someone...
HOWEVER, if your neighbor was Helmke, then in that case, that would be someone doing something to a douche-bag. :D

Nor-Cal
10-27-2010, 8:32 PM
We should send boxers neighbors some of these,

curtisfong
10-27-2010, 8:52 PM
Yes, you too can do a bad pshop job on a photo. Although you might have trouble sending it far back enough in time to match how old that pshop is.

berg
10-27-2010, 9:10 PM
It's a photoshop job: http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/bd47622/

blackberg
10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
OK, i would like to quote practically every post on here, but i don't want to :D. This is why i like calguns, bunch of great guys and gals who like to crack jokes here and there, i couldn't stop laughing! thanks OP for that funny picture you found.

(i would not mind spending 40$ and a PM to get it done, of course i would not use it...unless i had too! ;)) don't mind being a d-bag for a day, or couple of hours, whatever :biggrinjester:

hey you could put in your backyard :D

like that if someone jumps the fence to get to your place, they will see the sign and go over there :biggrinjester:

-bb

DeanW66
10-29-2010, 9:31 PM
Be better off putting up a sign saying "Nearly Everyone in this neighborhood is armed. Do you want to guess which? Ya feel lucky, punk?"

I like the above changes even better.

"It's not illegal just frowned upon like masturbating on airplanes!" fat jesus

Luv that movie!

dantodd
10-29-2010, 11:07 PM
HOWEVER, if your neighbor was Helmke, then in that case, that would be someone doing something to a douche-bag. :D

But then the bad guy would sue you for lying on the sign after Helmke shoots him with the gun he secretly keeps in his house.

Mute
10-30-2010, 9:44 AM
Funny as an inside joke, but doesn't reflect well on you (or the rest of us) if you are a gun owner.