PDA

View Full Version : G43 problems

slowjonn
06-10-2006, 9:10 AM
Greetings. I have a G43 that is in pretty good shape that I recently received as a gift. I took it out the other day and had a problem with it. After each shot, the bolt carrier would lock up after ejection and would not go forward into battery. It works fine when manually running through the rounds. I was using some Yugo milsurp ammo. Any ideas?

glen avon
06-10-2006, 9:40 AM
yes, that's what they do when the receiver is ready to catastrophically disintegrate. good thing you caught it in time!

why don't you just send it over to me and I'll put it out of harm's way....

slowjonn
06-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Glen,

That was my first thought too. However, what can I say? I am a man that lives on the edge. So I will be keeping it until it either explodes on me or I get a decent answer to my question.;)

If and when it does disintegrate, you will be first on the list for my collection of over priced parts.:D

Okami
06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Excellent reply! I'm LMAO over that one!
Good luck with your search!

~Okami

mj1
06-10-2006, 5:04 PM
:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/f96c1b33.jpg

Okami
06-10-2006, 7:41 PM
OOoooo! Dems purty!

Thanks for shareing the photo!

~Okami

USP4me
06-10-2006, 8:13 PM
Check this guy out for help: http://apfeltor.com/

mj1
06-10-2006, 9:06 PM
Think about what is happening. The bolt carrier is sticking on the hammer it has just cocked. Try the Wollf spring kit. Save the original springs and number them to the rifle. 3 minute instalation and the best thing you can do if your planing to shooting it.

If you reload take 10% of the powder out of surplus ball ammo. ie if the bullet has 46g of powder take out 4.6g of powder. Neck crimp with a Lee collet die. You still end up with 41.4g of powder under a 198g bullet. This worked for me and I don't recomend you do it but if you try this start at lower levels and work up to be SAFE. 38g maybe? This was a very powerful bullet platform loaded way above what the rifle at 65+ years of age should use.

I haver also heard warnings about the Turkish 8mm. Stay away from it.

Good Luck.

*MJ*

Rogerbutthead
08-02-2006, 4:47 PM
I second Apfeltor. The G43 as produced is overpowered. You will literally beat your rifle up. Get Apfeltor's shooters piston.

Spare parts for G43s are outrageously expensive. Check out the ebay auctions.

If you break a numbered part on an all-matching rifle, you will be extremely pissed off. ;)

You can lose 1/3 of the value of a 2.5 to 3k rifle if that happened.

NeoWeird
08-03-2006, 5:35 PM
There is one brand of surplus 8mm in particular (and I believe it was Yugo) that has a laquer coating or something like that on the cases that can cause cases to stick in the chamber if it's gummed up. New springs are a grand idea, but a REALLY good cleaning and better ammo might be all it takes.