PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER eloquent Brady Statement.....with a funny twist :0

supersonic
10-23-2010, 9:33 PM
I was perusing my copy of American Rifleman which came today and found an ironically hilarious statement made by a member of the Brady Campaign to a reporter (I'm paraphrasing here):

"Firearms with high-capacity magazines present a danger to the public."-I don't remember this Rhodes Scholar's name, but do we really give a s***?

Anyway, the best part of this seemingly unremarkable bit was the name of the reporter this dick was speaking to: Maxim Lott. Not a big deal, but I thought this was the only thing that made it "newsworthy.":p

Scarecrow Repair
10-24-2010, 8:13 AM
Here's the full quote :-)

Firearms with high-capacity magazines present a danger to the public perception that the Brady Brunch is correct that guns are scary and dangerous.

rivraton
10-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Firearms with high-capacity magazines present a danger to the public perception that the Brady Brunch is correct that guns are scary and dangerous.
I've read that several times, what is it supposed to mean?
By the way, guns are not scary and dangerous but some people are

packnrat
10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
i have never seen a scary gun, lots of cool ones i would like to have some time with.
but i have seen many a scary person walking down the street's.

ban scary people.

Maestro Pistolero
10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I've read that several times, what is it supposed to mean?
By the way, guns are not scary and dangerous but some people are

Dude, it's sarcasm. Rivaton re-wrote the quote to reflect his view of what Brady quote would say if the writer was being candid.