PDA

View Full Version : Moving to CA, can I bring in disassembled HiCap mags?

JazzFan
10-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Guys- From what I have read, it is obvious that I can only have assembled 10 round mags in CA. Can I disassemble the HiCap mags i now own, move to CA and keep them disassembled as parts? Is that legal?

rromeo
10-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes, it's legal.

hoffmang
10-23-2010, 11:36 AM
It is legal but you'll need to keep them disassembled while you possess them in California.

-Gene

socal2310
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Guys- From what I have read, it is obvious that I can only have assembled 10 round mags in CA. Can I disassemble the HiCap mags i now own, move to CA and keep them disassembled as parts? Is that legal?

Yes, your disassembled magazines will then be magazine rebuild kits so long as they remain in that configuration.

Ryan

Exile Machine
10-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Can I disassemble the HiCap mags i now own, move to CA and keep them disassembled as parts? Is that legal?

Wish I had discovered CALGUNS.NET before I moved to CA. I got rid of so many mags that I wish I now had... Could have just busted 'em down to parts, stored them in my tactical shoe box, and now that I'm back in TX, they'd still be mine.

-Mark

JazzFan
10-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Yes, your disassembled magazines will then be magazine rebuild kits so long as they remain in that configuration.

Ryan

THANKS!