PDA

View Full Version : Want updates on.......

MP301
10-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I was curious if there was any new information on..........

The Lovelle Mixon shooting and CGF's attempt to obtain records regarding the "Assualt Weapon" and "High Capacity" mags information.

The Rod Tauson affair and the end result if any or future plans for RT and EPA. By the way, does Rod still have an log on here or was he perma banned?

Anything else im forgetting?

hoffmang
10-23-2010, 8:54 AM
Lovelle Mixon: We allowed our current claim to lapse and didn't appeal it. It's low priority but we'll probably have someone else make the PRA request now that the investigation is over.

My understanding is that Rod Tauson was disciplined and so we consider that case closed.

-Gene

Shotgun Man
10-23-2010, 8:57 AM
Lovelle Mixon: We allowed our current claim to lapse and didn't appeal it. It's low priority but we'll probably have someone else make the PRA request now that the investigation is over.

My understanding is that Rod Tauson was disciplined and so we consider that case closed.

-Gene

Why did CGF not pursue the PRA request? Why is it a low priority?

A PRA appeal is fairly ministerial and wouldn't require a lot of legal muscle.

hoffmang
10-23-2010, 9:14 AM
Why did CGF not pursue the PRA request? Why is it a low priority?

A PRA appeal is fairly ministerial and wouldn't require a lot of legal muscle.

It was specific to the timing and stance of the request. The request is in a grayer area of the law and it was cleaner (based on some private communication) to re-request at the end of the investigation.

Why is it down prioritized? There is no legislation moving at all related to it and there are far more important matters like 58 PRA's of Sheriffs offices. Would you rather read the facts of the Mixon murder or get a lot more Californian's a CCW?

-Gene

Librarian
10-23-2010, 6:09 PM
Voldemort, indeed.

Seems like the question has been answered. Any more useful posts?

Window_Seat
10-23-2010, 6:25 PM
The PRAR was a good idea, and still is, but I concur that CCW reform is on the front burner right now. I'm hoping that this could be back into full swing when AW reform begins (after CCW reform). Which leads me to ask; who volunteered the info (in the media, or which department) on how the AR that Mixon used was "NOT" one of those stolen from the Police Cruisers prior to the killings? I thought it was interesting that this point was even made in the news.

Erik.

hoffmang
10-23-2010, 7:07 PM
Everyone agrees that an SKS of some sort was used in the Mixon murders and I doubt seriously PD's are carrying SKSs.

-Gene