PDA

View Full Version : Help: My 24" LCD Monitor now has White Screen

Mud
10-22-2010, 7:33 AM
My 3 year old 24" LCD Monitor went to an all White Screen one day, after trying it on a few computers it looks like it needs help! I opened it up and looked at the Capacitors, but they looked good. One had a little brown stuff around the base, so I replaced it. Still White screen. Replaced 2 others after watching a You Tube Video, but still not working. Any suggestions? I would hate to change all the capacitors and still not get this resolved. How much do TV Repair guys charge?
Thanks for any help.
(San Jose Area)

smird
10-22-2010, 9:22 AM
What brand? I prob. can't help. But I had one do the same thing to me. Curious if you find a solution.

Brad

amd64
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Depending on what panel you have, it might be cheaper to buy a new 24" panel than to have it repaired.

hcbr
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Have you changed the cables as well? i've ran into issues with bad cables causing different colored screens. if you have already tried that, you may need to get a new monitor, since i agree with amd64, alot of these aren't service replaceable and troubleshooting them will take way too long. It could even be a board issue on the lcd itself witch you can't repair.

Mud
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
After replacing 4 Capacitors and tried new cable but still no luck, I think I will call the monitor dead. Thanks for the help all.

freonr22
12-08-2010, 10:56 PM
is the video card good?

Mud
12-17-2010, 2:40 PM
is the video card good?

Plugged a 17" monitor in and have been using it without problems, must be one of the boards in the monitor.