PDA

View Full Version : quick 922r question

Bobula
10-21-2010, 10:20 PM
I swapped furniture on a wasr 10, and someone told me it's not 922r compliant now. 922r just requires you to be under a certain number of non us parts... right?
I used all USA tapco furniture on it...

five.five-six
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

five.five-six
10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
oh here I like this one better

http://jobson.us/922r/

chuckdc
10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I may be off-base here, but unless you changed the WASR from a "sporting configuration", 922(r) doesn't apply. I don't think just changing the stock (unless you go folding or something like that) is going to do that.

Bobula
10-21-2010, 10:34 PM
I may be off-base here, but unless you changed the WASR from a "sporting configuration", 922(r) doesn't apply. I don't think just changing the stock (unless you go folding or something like that) is going to do that.

whats considered 'sporting'? mines got a modded mmg and all synthetic tapco furniture.

Saym14
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
there are no quick 922R questions.

Bobula
10-21-2010, 10:44 PM
there are no quick 922R questions.

apparently so.....

the_quark
10-21-2010, 10:50 PM
922R is a Charlie Foxtrot of vague definitions and uncertain applicability. You can get five people to give you seven opinions about what's legal and what isn't, and as far as I know, no one's ever found a documented case of a non-FFL being prosecuted under it, anyway.

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 10:53 PM
922R is a Charlie Foxtrot of vague definitions and uncertain applicability. You can get five people to give you seven opinions about what's legal and what isn't, and as far as I know, no one's ever found a documented case of a non-FFL being prosecuted under it, anyway.

I'd hate to be the first! I added extra parts to be sure.:cool:

Rascal
10-22-2010, 2:23 PM
I swapped furniture on a wasr 10, and someone told me it's not 922r compliant now. 922r just requires you to be under a certain number of non us parts... right?
I used all USA tapco furniture on it...

There is not enough information to answer your question.
It would help to if your wasr 10 was made or assembled here in the U.S.A.?
Is the receiver made in the U.S.A.?
Does is have a pistol grip?
Are you using 10 round magazines in it with a BB type maglock?

This could help us to know what answer to give you.
If you don't want to answer on this thread, Pm me and I could help you out.

CSACANNONEER
10-22-2010, 2:32 PM
When your stock WASR was sold to you, it was already 922(r) compliant. Adding more US made parts is just fine.

IntoForever
10-24-2010, 12:24 AM
My post was in regards to my AK and extra in case I brain fart and grab the magazine that came with it.

GM4spd
10-24-2010, 5:22 AM
You have a better chance of winning the lottery then being dinged for
a 922r violation. It sells a lot of US parts. Pete

SanPedroShooter
10-24-2010, 7:33 AM

This is a point i've been reluctant to bring up in case i would be accused of willfully violating this stupid law. But how would someone ever get caught for this? Lets say the police seize your gun. Would they strip it down and do a parts count? Call the feds to do the same? It would appear the burden of proof would be almost impossible to overcome.
None of the parts on my WASR are marked at all (in respect to place of manufacture) with the exemption of the front trunnion (it has the Cugir arsenal stamp) and the tapco brake and trigger group, but im pretty sure century uses a bunch of aftermarket US parts when they reassemble these.
I find it incredible to belive that an end user (not an FFL01 or importer) would get charged, well maybe charged, but not convicted of a 922 part count violation unless all the parts had clear foreign stamps on them.
All my guns are kept in strict compliance with all federal and state laws.