PDA

View Full Version : Boxer's anti-Fiorina commercial

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
WOW! Opens up with FUD saying "Fiorina is against banning assault weapons. And that's reckless and dangerous". "She's for risky new oil drilling, and that could threaten our jobs."

cmichini
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Ironic because nearly every Mrs. Ma'am does is reckless and dangerous.

POLICESTATE
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm so glad I don't see ads :)

If only other people wouldn't watch ads maybe they'd vote better. You know there are some scared people out there who saw this ad and are going to vote based solely on what they just saw. Even if it's only 100 it can still make a difference but in this state I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 100,000

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I had to stop there so as to avoid being banned. I think it is pathetic that some people vote without knowing any real information. I remember hearing my aunt's friends saying they were voting for Boxer because she's a female. Again, I must stop. :banghead:

safewaysecurity
10-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Lol Boxer's add made me want to vote for Fiorina... doesn't want to ban assault weapons sounds good to me.

CAL.BAR
10-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Let this ad be a heads up to us in all of our endeavors. This ad was put together and used b/c "AW's" (as popularly defined) are MASSIVELY unpopular in CA.

Can you imagine the results if legalizing "AW's" were opened up to a general vote in KA?

The Wingnut
10-21-2010, 2:19 PM
Wow, that's a tired old tactic - Gore used the 'risky' play against Bush in '00. Scare the populace away from your opponent by calling them 'risky' and implying they'll make the world unsafe by not voting for oppressive legislation....all the while not giving them any legitimate reason to vote for you.

mrlightning559
10-21-2010, 2:28 PM
I can relate to this my grandpa says he will vote for palin because she's hot. Lol seriously I can't stand these propaganda like commercials, they shouldn't be allowed to push this kind of garbage on tv

EGsimi
10-21-2010, 3:14 PM
I read the title way too fast and my first thought was "Now what does this B*tch have against Florida?!"

I saw the commercial, pretty disgusting although it only made me want to vote for Fiorina more... :D

FLIGHT762
10-21-2010, 4:30 PM
WOW! Opens up with FUD saying "Fiorina is against banning assault weapons. And that's reckless and dangerous". "She's for risky new oil drilling, and that could threaten our jobs."

The quote in the ad "Fiorina is against banning assault weapons. And that's reckless and dangerous". Is a quote from Marin Co. Sheriff Robert T. Doyle.
Next time you see the ad, look below the quote, it will show who said it. All of the quotes used are not from Barbara Boxer, although she agrees with the quotes.

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 4:33 PM
I do have my own opinions on many things but I feel implementing them goes against all this country is supposed to be. What happened to 'by the people, for the people'?? Now it just seems to me that it has become "you do me and I'll do you later". I don't see that any of them care beyond their own pockets.

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 4:36 PM
The quote in the ad "Fiorina is against banning assault weapons. And that's reckless and dangerous". Is a quote from Marin Co. Sheriff Robert T. Doyle.
Next time you see the ad, look below the quote, it will show who said it. All of the quotes used are not from Barbara Boxer, although she agrees with the quotes.

That was the verbal opening though, even if I didn't see what was there, that's what caught my attention. Otherwise it would have been another 'blah blah blah' commercial.

Vtec44
10-21-2010, 4:36 PM
What about the real issues, like the economy and jobs?

IntoForever
10-21-2010, 4:43 PM
My opinion based on what I've seen is they only care about their own jobs and kickbacks.

Libertarian777
10-21-2010, 5:58 PM
question: if a criminal beats a victim with a bat, screwdriver, club, hammer or otherwise assaults them, is the weapon he uses not classified as an 'assault weapon'?

not a lawyer... just wondering.

Bigtwin
10-21-2010, 6:12 PM
OP, I am glad you noticed this, sad part is you are preaching to the choir here! The sad part is the rest of the people don't understand or get this!

Jonl
10-21-2010, 6:13 PM
Ha, there is Boxers' non logic again...

kcbrown
10-21-2010, 8:40 PM
What about the real issues, like the economy and jobs?

Those aren't the real issues. Important as they are, they're secondary.

What about real issues like freedom? Self-determination? Truth? A real free market?

Nobody ever campaigns on those things anymore, as if they are dead issues that nobody cares about anymore. And yet, they are the underpinnings of all the other things we care about, like the economy and jobs.

I am dismayed at how few people seem to get that, even within our own ranks.

Cokebottle
10-21-2010, 9:16 PM
All of the quotes used are not from Barbara Boxer, although she agrees with the quotes.
That's no surprise.

Nothing ever came out of her mouth that wasn't just whispered into her ear.

I take that back. One time, back around 2003 or 2004, she admitted that the Dems' game plan was to allow the economy to tank, campaign on it being the Republicans' fault, take control in Washington, then "fix" it and forever be in power.

That hasn't worked out so well for them so far.

ldivinag
10-22-2010, 9:46 AM
Ironic because nearly every Mrs. Ma'am does is reckless and dangerous.

speaking of ma'am...

video of a parady of "call me..."

http://vimeo.com/16072732

glockman19
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
YES clear and pure FUD...

she also states in the add she will make abortion a crime. It is settled law.

Talk about FALSE ADVERTISING