PDA

View Full Version : WI Chief Wray says OCers mere presence is a crime if someone is disturbed

Liberty1
10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
How ironic considering this country's struggle to secure equal rights...:(

V5LnqSdrmQ0

odysseus
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
No matter how wrong the Chief is on his position, especially with insisting on the disturbance charge simply for bringing in "weapons", the racial background of him means nothing - so I am not sure why that is in your thread title. There are black OC'ers and certainly I look at them as individuals first.

Exposed
10-21-2010, 12:29 PM
What Odysseus said.

paul0660
10-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I am not sure why that is in your thread title.

I know why it is there, and how it reflects on the OP.

odysseus
10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
I know why it is there, and how it reflects on the OP.

I can see the point... a little, based on historical issues of gun control in America. Better to make the point outright then, than leave it too esoteric and easily malleable. I have to presume.

Ed_Hazard
10-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I know why it is there, and how it reflects on the OP OC Advocates.

Fixed it for ya with that ole media spin. :thumbsup:

To the OP way to perpetuate the stereotype.:rolleyes:

ocspeedracer
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm disturbed by him carrying a weapon, will one of his deputies please cahrge him immediately.

adamsreeftank
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
No matter how wrong the Chief is on his position, especially with insisting on the disturbance charge simply for bringing in "weapons", the racial background of him means nothing - so I am not sure why that is in your thread title. There are black OC'ers and certainly I look at them as individuals first.

Maybe he's alluding to the fact that not too long ago a person of color could not go many places simply because their presence was "disturbing" to some people.

Shady
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
ibtl

Liberty1
10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Perhaps my point was too suttle. My question for the chief would be if individuals in certain parts of Wisconsin are disturbed by the mere presence of an inter-racial couple or by a black man (race out of place) would the elements of WI's disorderly conduct statute be complete? If he were to apply the same standards to the above situation which he requires his officers to do so to OCers (cite them) the answer would have to be 'yes'.

The chief's race only plays into the thought that he should have a better understanding of the dangers of this ambiguous statute used for what appears to be political sour grapes over the RKBA openly holstered / peacefully carried firearms for self defense in WI.

N6ATF
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
It's abnormal in that it is usually white CLEOs of either gender trying to protect criminals by disarming their victims.

Ed_Hazard
10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Perhaps my point was too suttle. My question for the chief would be if individuals in certain parts of Wisconsin are disturbed by the mere presence of an inter-racial couple or by a black man (race out of place) would the elements of WI's disorderly conduct statute be complete? If he were to apply the same standards to the above situation which he requires his officers to do so to OCers (cite them) the answer would have to be 'yes'.

The chief's race only plays into the thought that he should have a better understanding of the dangers of this ambiguous statute used for what appears to be political sour grapes over the RKBA openly holstered / peacefully carried firearms for self defense in WI.

Much better, this way no one line snippets that are taken out of context and twisted against the cause.

Liberty1
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Points taken and title changed. Thank you for the thoughts.

ZombieTactics
10-21-2010, 12:45 PM
I pray for the day that any public official making any such public anti-2A statements under the color of authority would soon be "on leave", and terminated shortly thereafter.

odysseus
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Much better, this way no one line snippets that are taken out of context and twisted against the cause.

Yep, that was my concern. Now the thread makes its point more clearly without more easily being twisted to whatever...

Liberty1
10-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I pray for the day that any public official making any such public anti-2A statements under the color of authority would soon be "on leave", and terminated shortly thereafter.

Madison is to WI as Berkeley is to us.

DannyInSoCal
10-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Regardless of if he's white, black, or green - I think any charges pending due to '"his own opinion" would be thrown out of court...

pullnshoot25
10-21-2010, 1:18 PM
Fixed it for ya with that ole media spin. :thumbsup:

To the OP way to perpetuate the stereotype.:rolleyes:

Dude, wtf? He was noting the irony.

You guys need to get a grip on reality.

Stormfeather
10-21-2010, 1:25 PM
Madison is to WI as Berkeley is to us.

Yea, Madison is to Wi, as Berkeley is to Cali, as is any city with multiple colleges with a population of 50k, with one HUGE difference, nobody really pays attention to the dweebs in Madison. Here in Wisconsin, we don't have to do UOC, we LOC freely, including in Madison. While there is no provision for CCW (yet), that should change here in Nov. All of the candidates trolling for the Governor position are all pro-ccw, or at least arent anti-ccw, so it doesn't look like it will get veto-ed this year. Big difference than California. We also have gun shows with no restrictions, no 2nd party sales issues (no ppt necessary) an Avid hunters/outdoors mindset, and our crime rates run nothing like that in California. You cant really compare the two as far as I can see.
jmho.

N6ATF
10-21-2010, 1:28 PM
Will the CCW bill be revised to be the second half of Constitutional Carry? If it includes infringement taxes, some will still OC.

Liberty1
10-21-2010, 2:27 PM
Dude, wtf? He was noting the irony.

You guys need to get a grip on reality.

Thanks for the back, but as you can see we found common ground.