Meplat
10-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I would propose that the header of this forum be changed from:

"2nd Amend. Politics and Laws"

To:

2nd Amendment, Politics and Laws"

Or:

"2nd Amendment politics and laws"

As Kes & the mods see fit. To remove the ambiguity that obviously now exists, and foments self serving turf battles.

madmike
10-21-2010, 12:27 PM
It seams pretty clear to me the way it is.

-madmike.

berto
10-21-2010, 1:19 PM
2A politics 2A laws

Kodemonkey
10-21-2010, 1:23 PM
I agree with the OP. That and possibly have a subforum in OT for politics.

It would be awesome if there was a way to ignore a thread, but I think that is a limitation of vbulletin.

corrupt
10-21-2010, 2:13 PM
I've never felt there was a problem with this forum.

Meplat
10-21-2010, 2:58 PM
Well, I don't think so ether. But, the way the header is written it separates the second amendment from politics and laws. Just like the second amendment separates the malitia clause from the right of the people. But Nit pickers like to claim there is not enough 2A connection to allow any political discussion in this forum of any subject that is not going their way. It is a form of suppression of free discourse as everyone knows that this is the most read forum.

All I ask is to take the ambiguity out of the mix. As it is we can go wildly astray in our discussions as long as we don't upset the whiners, but if we do they cry to the mods that there is not enough 2A content. Personally, I think just about any political discussion has 2A content, because it impinges on who will be enforcing state and federal laws, who will have vito power over state and federal legislatures in the event pro or anti bills are past. And the biggy, who appoints and who confirms SCOTUS judges. We are one SCOTUS seat away from loosing everything we have fought for. If there is a race between two antis and one reduces the possibility of loosing a SCOTUS seat and the other increases that possibility, it's pertinent, wether there is any direct 2A content to the race or not.

I don't think I need to remind how many Obama supporters we hade on here. Or who Obama has appointed to the court. All politics impinges on RKBA.

I've never felt there was a problem with this forum.

Meplat
10-21-2010, 3:05 PM
That's not what it says.

2A politics 2A laws