PDA

View Full Version : Why is the CGF so awesome?

joelogic
10-21-2010, 8:39 AM
If this belongs in Off Topic please move.

Why has the CGF been able do to so much more in the last 3 years than the NRA in the last twenty? I understand the NRA is a national organization and must marshal its resources but CA needs the most help.

Thank you CGF for your awesomeness. I will continue to give money and hold fund raisers.

wash
10-21-2010, 8:51 AM
The internet has enabled comunication and research that just wasn't possible a few years back.

The Heller case is really what got the ball rolling and that was funded by some libertarian group I think. Heller is what made an appeal possible in Nordyke and the district court decision in Nordyke created the circuit split that allowed McDonald v. Chicago to make it to SCOTUS.

There was also some outside the box thinking that gave us the bullet button, flow charts and dimensionally compliant single shot pistols to fit through the exemption in the roster of not un-safe handguns.

But really it's the people, CGF board members and the lawyers they work with.

SideWinder11
10-21-2010, 8:52 AM
OT....

bwiese
10-21-2010, 8:54 AM
Thanks for the kind words, we do what we can.

But some of the stuff we do couldn't have been done without CA NRA (and CRPA+ Foundation) work.
AB2728, some OLL regulation stuff, etc. was a huge cooperation between on the ground people and
NRA legal-political team.

Methinks sometimes these boys are too afraid to blow their own horn.

I'd hate to think of CA gun laws in CA without the CA NRA team's involvement.

And the Big Dog is gonna be way busy with lead ammo issues in the future.

GWbiker
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
What is CGF position on AB962?

wash
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Lawsuit filed: OOIDA v. ?

steadyrock
10-21-2010, 1:00 PM
The CGF is indeed an incredible organization, my hat is constantly off to each and every one of them. If ever one of them finds themselves in my town, the steak and civil discussion is on me. Thank you all for what you continue to do.

Ah, you're new. The CGF (specifically, wildhawker and a band of volunteers) led the fight against AB962 a year ago. That campaign gave rise to the Calguns Community Chapters (C3) organization, and garnered much respect from national and local organizations in terms of how gun rights can be fought for on a local and grassroots level.

Since the signing, the CGF has initiated a lawsuit against AB962 in cooperation with the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA), the National Rifle Association, the Folsom Shooting Club and two individual truckers seeking to have the statute overturned as unconstitutional. See this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=326231) for full details.

Needless to say, when AB962 is overturned, we will again be thanking the tireless heroes at the CGF for their hard work and dedication.

Dr Rockso
10-21-2010, 1:00 PM

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/component/content/article/36-current-legal-cases/83-truckers-and-gun-owner-groups-file-lawsuit-against-california-to-void-handgun-shipping-ban

freonr22
10-21-2010, 1:22 PM
why? see my sigline

corrupt
10-21-2010, 2:09 PM
If this belongs in Off Topic please move.

Why has the CGF been able do to so much more in the last 3 years than the NRA in the last twenty? I understand the NRA is a national organization and must marshal its resources but CA needs the most help.

Thank you CGF for your awesomeness. I will continue to give money and hold fund raisers.

Why are they so awesome? Well at least one big part of the equation has to do with this.... http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate

They rely on our support, and they more than deserve it.

wildhawker
10-21-2010, 2:38 PM
I would say that it's the supporters themselves who are awesome. Our various projects and lawsuits require donations and volunteered time, and this community delivers in spades. CGF is a team effort - some of us are additionally fortunate to serve the community in other ways, like running drills and planning litigation.

Steadyrock's MCLE efforts, for example, will educate many DA's, public defenders and criminal lawyers about firearms laws and keep innocent gun owners from burdensome and expensive legal issues.

socalphoto
10-21-2010, 4:45 PM
CGF is awesome because it educates people. A month or so ago I had a fair amount of understanding on CA gun laws. The more time I spent here, the more I realized how absurd some (most?) of them are. I am now closely following the lawsuits that are being presented ref 2A and CCW. I hope to donate what I can soon enough.

I found this site while looking for info on PPT's. It's fair to say I love this site now.

EGsimi
10-21-2010, 5:17 PM
I will second socalphoto... I now have a more clear understanding of California gun laws than I ever wanted or thought I needed to have (and more so an understanding that they are near impossible to understand).

It is also because of calguns and finding I am not alone that I am getting more involved. I have now joined and donated to CRPA and have made my first cash donation to Calguns this week with more to come as I can spare the cash; now the NRA has to fight for my money. ;)

Calguns does not just talk the talk they walk the walk and that is one reason I plan to get more involved with this community in the future both with time and money.

advocatusdiaboli
10-21-2010, 8:47 PM

You even have to ask?

dantodd
10-21-2010, 8:53 PM

They filed one of the 3 lawsuits that are currently attacking the law.

advocatusdiaboli
10-21-2010, 9:15 PM
CGF is awesome because it educates people. A month or so ago I had a fair amount of understanding on CA gun laws. The more time I spent here, the more I realized how absurd some (most?) of them are. I am now closely following the lawsuits that are being presented ref 2A and CCW. I hope to donate what I can soon enough.

I found this site while looking for info on PPT's. It's fair to say I love this site now.

CGF is more than that. Take a look at the CCW project at GF to see some real concrete progress.