View Full Version : Right to Keep and Bear Arms Alert!

10-20-2010, 3:42 PM
Do any of you pay attention or give any mind to these kinds of warnings?

I got the email alert message below with the link that follows to 'take action'.

UN Holds Stealth Meeting To Pass Gun Ban ASAP

ALERT: Watch out! Obama and the UN are fast tracking a global law to REGULATE/AND OR BAN your firearms. Anti-gun college students organized a clandestine UN meeting to speed up the passage of the UN Arms Trade Treaty. The gun-grabbers said the purpose of their meeting was to "discuss technical aspects of the treaty." We all know, the real purpose of the meeting was to come up with a gameplan to force this treaty into international law SOONER than the original deadline of 2012! The globalist gun ban agenda wants to disarm the world one gun at a time! Take action NOW to protect YOUR RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!

This all appears bad, but the link asks for money to fax our senators; is this worth doing?

Here's a link to the organization sending these alerts.

10-20-2010, 3:45 PM

10-20-2010, 3:46 PM
This is very old FUD (i.e., a bogus alert designed to cause Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) which has popped up here on CGN dozens of times. It's entirely bogus.

10-20-2010, 3:57 PM
Well, the U.N. is trying to push a small arms treaty that would strip our second amendment rights. SAF will tell you all about it and they aren't part of the tin foil hat brigade.

I just make sure all of my donations go to organizations that get things done...

10-20-2010, 4:13 PM
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is (IIRC) the 501(c)3 arm of SAF.

I agree - some of their email alerts can be a little hystrionic.

However - with all the amazing good SAF does, I'm willing to let these slide.