View Full Version : How to sell handgun to out of state?

10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
I have an FFL01. But I don't deal in hand guns. How do I sell a hand gun to someone out of state? Is it any different if it's in my personal collection?

I inherited a hand gun from my brother in law who died. I just want to get rid of it. Trying to figure out the easiest way.

10-20-2010, 2:11 PM
There is nothing different with respect to selling a handgun when selling out of state, as long as it is legal in the other state. You just need to ship it to a FFL. You should check the status of the FFL on the ezcheck web page.

You can personally ship the firearm, but then you could not really ship it USPS, which is cheaper than UPS or FedEx. You can just transfer it to your bound book and then ship it, just like it was a long gun.