PDA

View Full Version : advice for new ffl

jeremi93230
10-20-2010, 9:58 AM
Ok im looking to get my ffl and run it from my home, however the city that I live in (Hanford) doesnt allow business traffic to come to your home. And I know that if you are an ffl dealer you must sale the guns from the address on your license. I have been considering the online store and just doing sales and shipping them out. My question is because of my dilemma with the city and me not being able to have any traffic does anybody have any ideas or similar stories that they can share with me that can help me get around all of the bureaucratic red tape. Thanks

jtmkinsd
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Ok im looking to get my ffl and run it from my home, however the city that I live in (Hanford) doesnt allow business traffic to come to your home. And I know that if you are an ffl dealer you must sale the guns from the address on your license. I have been considering the online store and just doing sales and shipping them out. My question is because of my dilemma with the city and me not being able to have any traffic does anybody have any ideas or similar stories that they can share with me that can help me get around all of the bureaucratic red tape. Thanks

You've got a tough row to plow...You'll find it very difficult getting distributors to sell you guns, as most of them require a "brick and mortar" storefront. My advice is find a space in some local business park, as cheap as you can get, and use that as the business address for your FFL.

tenpercentfirearms
10-20-2010, 11:36 PM

I think you might be being too optimistic. If you tell Hanford that you are just going to ship the guns online and no one will come to your house, they probably still won't issue you a local license. Without a local license, you will get no CFD and you won't be able to get signed up with CFLC and you won't be lawfully receiving firearms in CA.

Basically the only way around this is to open a business up in a properly zoned area. That really seems to be your only option in the City of Hanford.