PDA

View Full Version : American Rifleman Voter Isue

fryan
10-20-2010, 7:06 AM
The NRA Gave Jerry Brown a D grade. So what is up with that? I thought if you only care about the Second Ammendment you only had one choice and that was Jerry Brown. Then why the D grade?

Helpful_Cub
10-20-2010, 7:11 AM
Its based on his survey reply and his record. It hasn't been that great... But it still better then Whitman.

The Shadow
10-20-2010, 7:16 AM
I believe Whitman also has a "D" grade.

fryan
10-20-2010, 7:21 AM
Actualy, Whitman got a no grade she refused to answer the survey.

fryan
10-20-2010, 7:24 AM
Jerry Brown I thought wrote the brifes for the DC case and the Chicago case.
If that is the case and they were used then he should have gotten an A

uyoga
10-20-2010, 7:26 AM
Whitman gets a "?" because she didn't even bother to fill out and return her questionnaire, and she has no past 2A (official) record. Brown gets a "D" based on the totality of his 2A (official) record. He didn't bother to fill out a questionnaire either.

choprzrul
10-20-2010, 7:31 AM
You have got to remember that there is more than one way to separate you from your 2A rights. Jerry Brown could be the foundation upon which all 2A rights stand; but if the economy is so bad that you don't have a job, have used up all your savings, sold your guns to buy food, and have no ammunition left, then what good is a pro 2A governor? I contend that many more CA residents will become functionally gun-banned by the economy than by any additional measures that Meg may or may not sign off on. We can at least challenge bad laws in court, how do we challenge a bad economy?

domino
10-20-2010, 7:32 AM
Jerry Brown I thought wrote the brifes for the DC case and the Chicago case.
If that is the case and they were used then he should have gotten an A

He did write a brief for the McDonald case in Chicago for incorpoating 2A. His oast track record in regards to guns hasnt been all that great. The people he is endorsed and backed by , a lot of them are anti gun. In my opinion he does recognize 2A but I think he is all for the tight laws we have. I dont see him vetoing many gun laws, possibly, but I doubt it. It can get worse thats for sure. Meg Whitman isnt graded by the NRA, she never responded to them. For not responding to it I give her an F-. I think there is some things going on right now in both major parties that dont really make sense. To me someone that is pro-choice and pro choice with public funding and anti-gun sure seems to be something other than a conservative. She ought to be on the same ticket as Jerry. I had to look at other candidates such as Nightinggale with the independent party.

domino
10-20-2010, 7:33 AM
Whitman gets a "?" because she didn't even bother to fill out and return her questionnaire, and she has no past 2A (official) record. Brown gets a "D" based on the totality of his 2A (official) record. He didn't bother to fill out a questionnaire either.

I give her no response an F- and the things she did in regards to firearms on Ebay and the ban, i give that too an F- -

M1A Rifleman
10-20-2010, 7:43 AM
You have got to remember that there is more than one way to separate you from your 2A rights. Jerry Brown could be the foundation upon which all 2A rights stand; but if the economy is so bad that you don't have a job, have used up all your savings, sold your guns to buy food, and have no ammunition left, then what good is a pro 2A governor? I contend that many more CA residents will become functionally gun-banned by the economy than by any additional measures that Meg may or may not sign off on. We can at least challenge bad laws in court, how do we challenge a bad economy?

.:iagree: Brown WAS already California's Governor back in the 70's, and his record sucked then interms of running the state, so not sure why those waving his flag forgot this.

He was/is anti prop 13, which was put in place to stop guys like Brown and Sacramento from stealing all your money by raising propery taxes by huge amounts annually (prop 13 placed a 2? cap). As was said, if you have no spending money, you can't very well enjoy your 2A rights.

choprzrul
10-20-2010, 9:10 AM
Economically challenged == de facto gun control.

If Meg can get the economy rolling again, at least we will all have more money to contribute to CGF. It's all about the economy and I believe Meg wins that issue hands down against Jerry. Just my $0.02.

fryan
10-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Meg hates guns and the 2A.