PDA

View Full Version : CA Rifle and Pistol Assn.

bigbob76
10-19-2010, 7:57 PM
I receive the monthly Firing Line publication and it has a feature called "Bill Status Update". It always seems like the legislation harmful to firearms enthusiasts is sponsored by legislators with a (D) after their name. Why is it that so many calgunners seem to support/vote for legislators with this party affiliation?

M. D. Van Norman
10-19-2010, 8:15 PM
Is there some other Calguns forum that I don’t know about?

Uxi
10-19-2010, 9:17 PM
Maybe he's talking about all the Jerry Brown threads?

PsychGuy274
10-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Even though this is a very pro 2nd Amendment forum, people will have different opinions; as they should. The 2nd Amendment issue has crossed political boundaries believe it or not.

And sometimes, just sometimes, there are more important things to worry about.

bwiese
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Voting by pure party harms gunrights. Your supposed friends take you for granted.

Yeah, urban Dems carry bad gun bills. But other Dems sometimes help us unwind the damage even though wobbling Republicans will sometimes vote for these bills.

Remember the key vote for Roberti-Roos was a Republican. When the pressure's on some of these people fold. Giving them a pass due to party is not a good recipe.

You keep the pressure on the INDIVIDUALS so the party has to come to you.

SteveH
10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
As a CRPA life member since the 1990's I would just like to say its nice to see CRPA discussed in a positive light here rather than the CRPA bashing a few here revelled in just a couple years ago.

dantodd
10-20-2010, 11:58 PM
As a CRPA life member since the 1990's I would just like to say its nice to see CRPA discussed in a positive light here rather than the CRPA bashing a few here revelled in just a couple years ago.

It was well deserved in the past. The CRPA of today is far different than the CRPA of "just a couple of years ago."

bwiese
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM

It's a whole New CRPA... Tanned, rested and ready ;). No more green eyeshades financial mgmt, no entangled lobbying.

Great new executive director, John Fields, and a new legislative liaison, Tom Pedersen..... and Arlen Penner got CRPA funds thru the recession quite nicely. Everyone else is loaded for bear, too.

Our success in killing bad CA gun bills this year is in fair part due to CRPA's able Tom Pedersen - who can take one legislative house while NRA's Ed Worley is in the other, and each can watch out for the other's back.

Truly is the New CRPA.

Remember there's a CRPA Foundation too doing great things...

JackOfClubs
10-21-2010, 1:40 AM
It's a whole New CRPA... Tanned, rested and ready ;). No more green eyeshades financial mgmt, no entangled lobbying.

Great new executive director, John Fields, and a new legislative liaison, Tom Pedersen..... and Arlen Penner got CRPA funds thru the recession quite nicely. Everyone else is loaded for bear, too.

Our success in killing bad CA gun bills this year is in fair part due to CRPA's able Tom Pedersen - who can take one legislative house while NRA's Ed Worley is in the other, and each can watch out for the other's back.

Truly is the New CRPA.

Remember there's a CRPA Foundation too doing great things...

Glad to hear it. I stopped renewing my membership a few years ago, but I've been thinking lately I should rejoin, given the all the crucial battles that are currently taking place. This post convinced me to re-sign up.