PDA

View Full Version : 80% lowers


pyro3k2
10-19-2010, 7:21 PM
I have a very basic understanding of the 80% lowers and how they work, I have done forum searches about the matter and 90% of the posts are about how-to machine the chunk of metal into a reciever and the other 10% are before/after pictures. My question is can anyone give me a link or the code which makes these things legal to build. I like to do my homework before jumping into these projects.

Thank you.

jaymz
10-19-2010, 7:30 PM
There isn't a code that makes it legal. The key is that there isn't a code that makes it illegal. It's rare (if at all), that a law goes in the books stating that it's ok to do something, they generally (if not always), prohibit something.

Noobert
10-19-2010, 7:33 PM
Machine away!

pyro3k2
10-19-2010, 7:34 PM
There isn't a code that makes it legal. The key is that there isn't a code that makes it illegal. It's rare (if at all), that a law goes in the books stating that it's ok to do something, they generally (if not always), prohibit something.

So basically its one of thoes "they didn't say we couldn't" things

jaymz
10-19-2010, 7:37 PM
Pretty much......yeah.

pyro3k2
10-19-2010, 7:42 PM
What about DROS? and if you decide to make it a pistol or a tri-pod mounted weapon?

ke6guj
10-19-2010, 7:46 PM
What about DROS?DROS= DEALER record of SALE. There is no DEALER involved, nor a SALE, when homebuilding, so how could you DROS it?

and if you decide to make it a pistol or a tri-pod mounted weapon?doesn't matter. YOu are not required to register a homebuilt firearm unless you make an AW or NFA firearm.