PDA

View Full Version : are the rats deserting the sinking ship?

mzimmers
10-19-2010, 1:03 PM
So, I got the November issue of American Hunter today. In the center is a four page summary of the state's various election races.

I was somewhat surprised at how many (over 40%) of the state senate and assembly races have no incumbent running. I admit that I don't have any insight into what this figure usually is, but...40% seems awfully high.

Could it be that the ins have an inkling of where the state is headed, and they don't want to be on board when we hit the iceberg?

Untamed1972
10-19-2010, 1:07 PM
Couldn't that just mean that the "incumbents" are just termed out and can't run again?

RomanDad
10-19-2010, 1:09 PM
So, I got the November issue of American Hunter today. In the center is a four page summary of the state's various election races.

I was somewhat surprised at how many (over 40%) of the state senate and assembly races have no incumbent running. I admit that I don't have any insight into what this figure usually is, but...40% seems awfully high.

Could it be that the ins have an inkling of where the state is headed, and they don't want to be on board when we hit the iceberg?

Term limits.

mzimmers
10-19-2010, 1:11 PM
Couldn't that just mean that the "incumbents" are just termed out and can't run again?

I'd expect that to factor in up to 33% of the assembly races. Perhaps the additional 9% could be explained by move-up candidates, and/or a surfeit of retirees. I guess I suck at conspiracy theories.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-19-2010, 2:41 PM
Yes.
:)