PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on AB962 and Reloading

sfonelson
10-19-2010, 8:32 AM
First off, not sure if this is the right forum, since this is also related to reloading, but I'll start here.

There seems to be some confusion about what will and will not be restricted with the new bill.

I have already been anticipating the signing of this bill by starting to acquire my reloading equipment, since purchasing ammunition through FFL's will ultimately be more expensive. Plus I am excited to pick up a new hobby.

A few people have commented that "bullets" fall into the definition of "ammunition" in the language of the bill. If that's the case, then that renders my act of reloading almost pointless as I would have to follow the same requirements to purchase bullets.

Would anybody be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

OleCuss
10-19-2010, 8:40 AM
Reloading will be unaffected unless suppliers just get spooked.

But the odds of the pending provisions of AB962 actually being implemented are pretty low. The lawsuits to stop it are in progress and one or more are likely to succeed.

sfonelson
10-19-2010, 8:43 AM
That's good news! The vendors are what I'm really worried about though. For several months now, Cheaper Than Dirt has been stating in their catalog that starting Jan 1st, they aren't going to ship ANY ammunition to California.

stitchnicklas
10-19-2010, 9:04 AM
Cheaper Than Dirt sucks....

sfonelson
10-19-2010, 9:11 AM
I was just waiting for someone to say this. =)

Cheaper Than Dirt sucks....

Librarian
10-19-2010, 9:15 AM
First off, not sure if this is the right forum, since this is also related to reloading, but I'll start here.

There seems to be some confusion about what will and will not be restricted with the new bill.

I have already been anticipating the signing of this bill by starting to acquire my reloading equipment, since purchasing ammunition through FFL's will ultimately be more expensive. Plus I am excited to pick up a new hobby.

A few people have commented that "bullets" fall into the definition of "ammunition" in the language of the bill. If that's the case, then that renders my act of reloading almost pointless as I would have to follow the same requirements to purchase bullets.

Would anybody be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

See the wiki article (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/2009_-_AB_962_De_Leon%2C_Ammunition) - reloading components are NOT included, but it may be difficult to convince out of state sellers.

sfonelson
10-19-2010, 9:18 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! Now I can go ahead and justify to my wife the need for the RCBS Rock Chucker set! =)

See the wiki article (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/2009_-_AB_962_De_Leon%2C_Ammunition) - reloading components are NOT included, but it may be difficult to convince out of state sellers.