PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor <RANT>

bigmike82
10-18-2010, 7:02 PM
So I just finished it...

And now I'm pissed that I paid 60 bucks for a 6 hour single-player game. That's friggin' bullcrap.

> : (

sevensix2x51
10-18-2010, 7:10 PM
look on the bright side, you get to play it over and over again in the multiplayer.

my copy is probably back on the shelf at gamestop, used.

the media and folks that think playing as taliban screwed it up. it should have been twice as long.
you get 25% bonus if you use the trade toward fallout:new vegas. :D

luckystrike
10-18-2010, 7:15 PM
look on the bright side, you get to play it over and over again in the multiplayer.

my copy is probably back on the shelf at gamestop, used.

the media and folks that think playing as taliban screwed it up. it should have been twice as long.
you get 25% bonus if you use the trade toward fallout:new vegas. :D

now I know your getting newvegas at midnight tonight right?:43:

sevensix2x51
10-18-2010, 7:17 PM
sadly, gotta work at 0530. but i think im feeling a bit ill, might hit me hard later in the week.... :D:D:D

i actually would use vacation time, i am not a dirty sick leave abuser.

bigmike82
10-18-2010, 7:20 PM
Meh...we'll see.

I'm squarely in Yathzee's camp when it comes to games. Multiplayer can not make a game...it has to stand on its own in single player mode.

And what's worse? MOH's single player was damn good. Just way, way too short.

sevensix2x51
10-18-2010, 7:24 PM
it was pretty good, ill give it that. the gameplay wasnt as smooth as cod, and it always seemed weird that the bad guys would just magically appear in the matter of a frame from behind cover, or werent pointing their gun at me while shooting me. but i did like how the cover would get blown to pieces at times, and the slide to cover was a big leg up on cod. but alas, away it went to fund my true passion. vault dwelling.

Mezcalfud
10-18-2010, 7:48 PM
I never buy games pre-release but had to for HALO then took my credit and rolled my good fortune into this game-FAIL not even worth the $39 (w/20 credit)
short AND buggy
Too bad as it had some good stuff going for it. So, I have learned and waiting for reviews before buying Black Ops!

stphnman20
10-18-2010, 7:49 PM
Can't you play online?

6114DAVE
10-18-2010, 8:57 PM
I like the game...multiplayer is better than bfbc2. Bc2 was always too slow for me.

Bulleh
10-19-2010, 3:55 AM
I enjoyed the features such as sliding and popping out from cover to shoot enemies in single player mode..

The multiple IMHO sucks. Feels like the only thing you can do is point and shoot. If they incorporated just the two things i mentioned in the first sentence, the game play would change dramatically, and for the better. The kill streaks and weapon unlocks are pretty sad as well.

evidens83
10-19-2010, 8:03 AM
Thats why I always read online reviews (IGN) before I buy any game. If it dont at least get a rating of 8/10 I wont buy it. I dont buy that many games ;)

Nick1236
10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
shoulda waited for Black Ops like the rest of us "smart" people :biggrinjester:

luckystrike
10-19-2010, 11:04 AM
sadly, gotta work at 0530. but i think im feeling a bit ill, might hit me hard later in the week.... :D:D:D

i actually would use vacation time, i am not a dirty sick leave abuser.

got it and played it till 8 am:D

blackberg
10-19-2010, 1:01 PM
Meh...we'll see.

I'm squarely in Yathzee's camp when it comes to games. Multiplayer can not make a game...it has to stand on its own in single player mode.

And what's worse? MOH's single player was damn good. Just way, way too short.

IVe bought games and never played the single player
-bb

JaMail
10-19-2010, 1:32 PM
forget that ****, call in sick, companies pressure people to use vacation cuz when they get laid off they have to pay it out and dont want yet, they want your sick time to accrue because if you leave or dont use it, you lose it.

if you feel sick, call in sick.

Barbarossa
10-19-2010, 1:41 PM
I played the Beta and decided not to buy it.

Join www.theAOW.com for blackops dedicated server.

Ricky-Ray
10-19-2010, 3:04 PM
Same here. I was surprised how short it was and it took me three day's to do it and each day I played for about 1-3 hours. I was like WTF??? I couldn't believe how fast I finished it and how easy it was even in Veteran mode. COD MW2 took me even longer to finish.

I don't care for online play that much anymore so I guess I"ll put it on ebay and put that towards Black Ops. Or maybe get more ammo.:D

2DoorImpala
10-19-2010, 5:06 PM
no recent games have come close to mw2 online wise, MOH had a good story mode. online is sucks big time.

Playing fallout new vegas right now, good as the third one

bomb_on_bus
10-19-2010, 5:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will get it down the road when the prices go on sale or perma drop.

Its just a shame developers are plugging both an online mode and a story line with tons of movie scenes.

IMO they should make a straight online version and a straight up story mode verson not combine the two. Imagine how much more story that could be crammed on the disk if it was just one or the other.

shooting4life
10-19-2010, 5:46 PM
It was super short. I finished it in one sitting. Then the next day went back and played it on hard in one sitting. I feel like I got screwed. Will be in the trade in pile for something else, not sure what yet.

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-19-2010, 5:55 PM
no recent games have come close to mw2 online wise, MOH had a good story mode. online is sucks big time.

Playing fallout new vegas right now, good as the third one

MW2 is a joke. It's popularity is due to the rise of console gamers, not the inherent quality of the product. PC gamers have been enjoying better shooters for years.

The new MoH is a joke; I participated in the beta and it was no different than playing Modern Warfare, not to mention the frequent crashes.

bigmike82
10-19-2010, 7:01 PM
"COD MW2 took me even longer to finish."
MW and MW2 were very, very good. Great length of play on single player, and crazy fun multiplayer.

"MW2 is a joke...PC gamers have been enjoying better shooters for years."
Such as....? Not saying that there aren't better shooters than MW2, but ones good enough to make it a joke? Not really...

p.ro
10-23-2010, 12:04 AM
I personally enjoy Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer for PC.
I find it more enjoyable than MW2.
I agree MoH was a waste. They just released it to try to compete
with Black Ops....FAIL

Quiet
10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
IMO...
Medal of Honor = trade in credit for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

themailman
10-24-2010, 9:25 AM
I rented it, beat it one day, played multiplayer for a few hrs, then returned it. Black ops should be a different situation though, might have to take leave.

lewdogg21
10-24-2010, 9:30 AM
I played the Beta and decided not to buy it.

Join www.theAOW.com for blackops dedicated server.

He beat me to it!

Get Black Ops, Go to theaow.com

1) profit

2) win

3) Score with hot chicks

(only 2 of the above 3 items will occur by visiting theaow.com, you guess which 2 of the 3)

Hozr
10-24-2010, 2:18 PM
MoH: I thought it was the end of the first section when the game was over. Loaded, finished, deleted (Hard level) < 8 hours. Fun game but lame waste of money.

Secret
10-24-2010, 2:28 PM
I traded the game in for credit and only got 25 bucks back, and this was returned back on the same day it was released!

SFgiants105
10-24-2010, 2:38 PM
I enjoyed the features such as sliding and popping out from cover to shoot enemies in single player mode..

The multiple IMHO sucks. Feels like the only thing you can do is point and shoot. If they incorporated just the two things i mentioned in the first sentence, the game play would change dramatically, and for the better. The kill streaks and weapon unlocks are pretty sad as well.

That's more realistic. You have to take cover constantly and you can't just run around and pull a no-scope headshot with a .408, or kill four people with an m203, or better yet run around like a kenyan track star with a .44 and a knife :rolleyes:

Plus I have never heard of a combat situation where two harriers hover above the field while a predator missile flies within 50m of the planes and the guy calling it in. And seriously, who the hell uses a throwing knife? I guess if you're spetznaz or something, it would make sense.

bigpappa0095
10-25-2010, 6:18 PM
It was a good game...the recoil effects meant you actually had to aim. It felt snappy though, not very smooth...

Story wise, that's it? That's all that happens in Afghanistan? You run/fly around eliminating mortar positions? I mean come on, that couldn't have been the only experiences revealed by the spec ops people that consulted.

Colt-45
10-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Cheer up, Black Ops comes out in two weeks.

Joe
10-26-2010, 1:48 AM
IVe bought games and never played the single player
-bb

Same. I almost wish they wouldn't waste time with single player in 95% of games. I buy games solely based on the multiplayer. I never play the single player till the finish, too boring.

SnWnMe
10-26-2010, 6:37 AM
MW2 is a joke. It's popularity is due to the rise of console gamers, not the inherent quality of the product. PC gamers have been enjoying better shooters for years.

The new MoH is a joke; I participated in the beta and it was no different than playing Modern Warfare, not to mention the frequent crashes.

Rise of the console gamers? Are you talking about the first Golden Age (Atari) or the resurrection in the 80s (NES)?

only10x
10-26-2010, 6:38 AM
thanks for the heads up! I was going to buy it as soon as I returned state side now ill just rent it from blockbuster :D played afew min at frys electronics and it seemed bad *** though if its shorter than MW2 with a crappy online experience then its deff not worth it!

SnWnMe
10-26-2010, 6:38 AM
That's more realistic. You have to take cover constantly and you can't just run around and pull a no-scope headshot with a .408, or kill four people with an m203, or better yet run around like a kenyan track star with a .44 and a knife :rolleyes:

Plus I have never heard of a combat situation where two harriers hover above the field while a predator missile flies within 50m of the planes and the guy calling it in. And seriously, who the hell uses a throwing knife? I guess if you're spetznaz or something, it would make sense.

And who the heck respawns after getting killed?

NaughtyMonkey
10-27-2010, 8:58 PM
Single player was cool, short but it seems most games are getting shorter and shorter, unlike the Metal Gear Solid games, takes a week or longer to complete.

Markus
10-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Ive got to admit that I really loved the single player but that ti could be about twice as long and Im not sure it would be long enough. The multiplayer is fun but everyone and their mother is a sniper so its impossible to go anywhere. I dont understand why people trade in brand new games for less than half what they are worth. Go put it on here or craigslist and ask 10 bucks less than gamestop used and youll still get more money.

only10x
10-28-2010, 12:13 AM
yep yep. anyone want to trade the game for gun stuff? pm me:43:
EDIT: I PLAY XBOX
Ive got to admit that I really loved the single player but that ti could be about twice as long and Im not sure it would be long enough. The multiplayer is fun but everyone and their mother is a sniper so its impossible to go anywhere. I dont understand why people trade in brand new games for less than half what they are worth. Go put it on here or craigslist and ask 10 bucks less than gamestop used and youll still get more money.

p.ro
10-28-2010, 12:21 AM
thread jack

about that...i don't have Medal of Honor, but I got some games I want to get rid of. I hardly even play the ps3 anymore. Just use it to watch blu-rays.

JDay
10-28-2010, 6:13 PM

That was only for multiplayer, all they did was change the name to OPFOR.

JDay
10-28-2010, 6:15 PM
MOH's single player was damn good. Just way, way too short.

Saves the developers time and money making expansions, they're all about the profit margins these days.

JDay
10-28-2010, 6:20 PM
IMO they should make a straight online version and a straight up story mode verson not combine the two. Imagine how much more story that could be crammed on the disk if it was just one or the other.

The multiplayer code and maps take up next to nothing compared to the single player game, they'd save enough space for about 2 extra missions.

only10x
10-28-2010, 6:24 PM
sounds like a cra ppy game. you should sell it to me :D

EdCo
11-07-2010, 7:57 PM
I just borrowed this game from my cousin and yeah, multiplayer does need some work. You cant go prone, i noticed that you have to push the reload button several times for reload, you can only sprint straight forward, easily spawn trapped, needs a killcam because snipers have a huge advantage over the other classes, and it also needs more maps. Sound is awesome and graphics are good but not smooth as MW2. I will just wait for Black Ops to come out.

Joe
11-07-2010, 8:26 PM
Only another 26 hours till I'll be playin black ops

jak77
11-07-2010, 8:41 PM
And who the heck respawns after getting killed?

LOL

tacticalyankee
11-07-2010, 8:42 PM
I think the MOH experience needed a lot of refinement. I liked the plotted being more realistic and the weapons details were good. Call of Duty always aggravated me when you could just keep the iron sights cleanly on an enemy and fire (standing mind you) until you're blue in the face, seeing the enemy the whole time. At least in MOH they make LMGs a suppress weapon the way they are supposed to be. That said the game still needed a lot of refinement and some more material.

only10x
11-07-2010, 8:55 PM
well I finally got a copy, decided to poke around clist and sure enough found a guy who has new sealed copies. lucky for me he was a shooter too :D
made a trade, few hours later poof. im done.

score from 1-10
A solid 7
campaign mode is good. missions are still linear but still playout in a non boring keep you interested in the plot sort of way. havent played the tier 1 or multiplayer yet. prob wont for a few days though so far I have enjoyed the game.
deff. not a MW2 killer but I dont think SOps will be either.

Antihero47
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow, beat MoH (PC) two days ago and have been playing multiplayer. I agree that in the beginning it takes awhile to get used too but the kind of games and the maps make it fun. Especially the 12vs12. Not sure how many players can play on the console, but I have been on a few servers where it was non stop assault and hardly any snipers. I'm beginning to love the MP. That said, I will be playing BlackOps as well, so no biggie.

Nookieaki
11-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Wow so much hate for MOH. Everyone one of my friends play MW2 on ps3 and they wait religiously for Black Ops but I like MOH. Haven't finished single player but I LOVE MP, too bad everyone snipes because it takes the fun out of rushing to the enemy spawn sites. :(

Antihero47
11-11-2010, 2:51 PM
Another thing I like about MoH compared to MW 1 is that the perks can only be used in your line of sight, so... instead of getting a whole map and clicking where you wanted to bomb, or artillery you can only use the binoc's to bomb a place you have line of site on. Granted on some of the maps you can hit where they spawn pretty easy but on others its more difficult.

Another feeling I get is that MoH (atleast on the PC version) seems to be a little more team organized when playing 12vs12 and which was something I only saw on MW 1 when there were upwards of 30 people playing. Seems like the 'battle fronts' are a little more defined and it takes skill to advance into enemy territory. From what I have seen from most CoD games is the ability to run around the whole map and kill whatever you see, not too much skill to advance and take over points.

My opinions are from CoD all the way up to the first modern warfare and what little I've seen from black ops on youtube.

Mezcalfud
11-16-2010, 7:54 PM
I take it all back, MOH rocks compared to COD BO!! Yeah it is short and buggy, but it is leaps and bounds above COD.

DREADNOUGHT78
11-16-2010, 8:11 PM
I take it all back, MOH rocks compared to COD BO!! Yeah it is short and buggy, but it is leaps and bounds above COD.

Haha I agree 100%! I was a little dissapointed with MOH but liked it now that I have a little bit of time playing Black Ops boy what a dissappointment talk about going back a few years with the graphics! Some of the game features are cool but man! Im going back to MOH.

Reminds me of Vice City or Grand Theft Auto....

AngryPossum
11-16-2010, 8:39 PM
I'm disappointed with Black ops too, but the more I play it (X-BOX LIve) the more I like it. The graphics are surprisingly crappy. I was expecting way more out of the game. the gambling feature is kind of cool. I don't like having to buy upgrades though.