View Full Version : NEF Shortgun for $169

06-06-2006, 9:53 AM
Tuner's have on sale for $169 NEF Pardner Pump.
Any idea or problem with this gun. how is price is OK.
What U thing about this or wait for Win.1300 or Rem. 870 (use) better ?
just need for home and not plan to shoot that much.
thank U

06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I have shot the NEF single shot guns before, they are great guns for not much money. I would buy one of their rifles in the same concept, as a cheap single shot in an odd caliber.

I have no history with their pumps, I would handle one and see how the action is, next I would see how easily it loads. There should be some heft to a shotgun so that you dont take all the recoil. Also I believe these guns were made by Norinco in china and modeled after the 870. Chinese guns tend to be tight and poorly made. Their web sight paints a different picture. I would buy a slug gun at that price, just because an 870 rifled barrel costs that much.

06-06-2006, 5:26 PM
this is so weird, I was just about to post a same topic regarding "pardner pump."
They are made in china, which is not bad. Any more info?

06-07-2006, 1:16 AM
If there is uncertainty about the quality of the shotguns, go with a better known brand. Mossbergs are just a few bucks more, and offer tons of addons. They are also made in the U.S.A.

06-07-2006, 8:15 PM
I've purchased enough Chinese tooling from Horrible Freight to know that I wouldn't want a Chinese-made piece of steel tube packed with smokless an inch from my eye.

I'm saying that without having handled a Pardner, but the reason why I haven't handled one is that I don't want to be tempted to buy it, especially with the price of a Mossberg 500A ($199 @ gun show).

06-07-2006, 9:41 PM
oh pipe down<p> a better reason would be that you hate the chinese

06-08-2006, 7:14 AM
I picked up an norinco 870 knock off a while back. (pre NEF) They actually came with an full metal trigger housing unlike the 870 express. It functions 100% and most internal parts are interchangable with 870 parts. For 170 i would recommend it. As for chinese built stuff....thats what people said about the norinco 1911 when it first hit the market...now a lot of people kick themselves for not picking one up.

07-04-2006, 9:52 AM
Does anyone know if NEF barrels are fully interchangeable with different 870 barrels? I'm thinking about picking up few, but just want to make sure.

glen avon
07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
chinese guns are very very good.

but mossy is just as good, and not much more.