PDA

View Full Version : Pending AB962 Silliness

spencerhut
10-15-2010, 6:40 PM
So, what are your stores plans deal with the upcoming deadline?

jtmkinsd
10-15-2010, 7:20 PM
So, what are your stores plans deal with the upcoming deadline?

There's litigation in the pipeline...I'm praying for a sane judge

If no injunction is granted, I figure I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it. I've given thought as to what to charge for the transaction should it come down to that...probably a percentage of the purchase with a minimum. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

spencerhut
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I know we have a case pending, but that is more of the "what if" at this point. The law will go into effect unless we are lucky. We've already had a great year for gun laws, so we may win this one too.

But what if we do not, that is what I was more concerned with.

How will you log?

How, or rather will, your prices be effected?

jtmkinsd
10-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been fiddling with a one page document...the list of things required is short, so I figure a 2-hole legal file with the years purchases kept back with the 4473 boxes.

As far as prices...I expect my cost to go up...so naturally the customer will bear that. I'm a at a bit of a loss as to what to charge for the process. As I said I'm figuring a small percentage of the purchase...with a minimum of maybe $5...labor and the five years of storage. But I'm not committed to that.

stitchnicklas
10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I've been fiddling with a one page document...the list of things required is short, so I figure a 2-hole legal file with the years purchases kept back with the 4473 boxes.

As far as prices...I expect my cost to go up...so naturally the customer will bear that. I'm a at a bit of a loss as to what to charge for the process. As I said I'm figuring a small percentage of the purchase...with a minimum of maybe $5...labor and the five years of storage. But I'm not committed to that.

5 dollars a box??? or per purchase order??

jtmkinsd
10-18-2010, 11:04 PM
5 dollars a box??? or per purchase order??

single box sales are probably going to go away for me...I'm not going to bother taking finger print, license info, store for five years blah blah blah...for one box of ammo...there is going to have to be a minimum purchase...I just don't know at the moment what the process is going to look like.

It's like I said earlier...I'm REALLY praying for a sane judge to help out the industry...this has always been a back burner item for the anti-gunners...but with the success we've had lately in the court system...my guess is they'll move away from anti-gun legislation and go after ammo...I can hear it now..."you may have a constitutional right to a gun...but it doesn't say anything about ammunition" :mad: