PDA

View Full Version : Sent in ruger revolver for service..

m1a1driver
10-15-2010, 1:55 PM
Got a call today and they said that the frame was improperly machined and they want to destroy it and send me a new gun. Too bad mine is the old vaquero with the beefier frame and cylinder. At least they are giving me a brand new one free of charge, minus the DROS\Transfer fee. The cheapest place I found to do the transfer is $25 plus the dros fees. Sucks but oh well!

cineski
10-15-2010, 5:37 PM
Do you have problems with it? What's the potential issue?

GunDog
10-15-2010, 6:17 PM
Yeah, Ruger has pretty decent customer service. About a month ago, I was zeroing in my Ruger Bisley with some heavy hitting .45 Colt Buffalo Bore rounds prior to hunting season. While doing so, the screw that holds the ejector housing to the underside of the barrel sheared off under recoil. Shipped the revolver to Ruger for repair and had it back fully repaired under warranty within 7 days. Actually, this is the type of service one would expect from a major firearms company.

BayAreaShooter
10-15-2010, 7:13 PM
Got a call today and they said that the frame was improperly machined and they want to destroy it and send me a new gun. Too bad mine is the old vaquero with the beefier frame and cylinder. At least they are giving me a brand new one free of charge, minus the DROS\Transfer fee. The cheapest place I found to do the transfer is $25 plus the dros fees. Sucks but oh well!

You will get reimbursed for the DROS and shipping if you have to pay for it upon request. Give em a call and request a refund for the fees.

bsg
10-15-2010, 7:22 PM
You will get reimbursed for the DROS and shipping if you have to pay for it upon request. Give em a call and request a refund for the fees.

that's fair... and good customer service.

m1a1driver
10-15-2010, 8:07 PM
had a little trouble with the transfer bar getting caught on the firing pin when cocking sometimes.
Thanks for the info about them reimbursing me for the dros fees. My FFL is charging me $25+dros fees, so it will be about 50 bucks. I will call them on monday and ask.

CenterX
10-15-2010, 8:21 PM
Hum, Seems as though this is a repair/replacement on a single action - Outside of CA this is handled between the manufacturer and the owner - no FFL required. FFL is not needed for sending a gun to a repair shop or manufacturer.

In the end I hope you like the new one.

tankerman
10-15-2010, 8:22 PM
It's a Ruger, not surprising it was screwed up from the factory.

freonr22
10-15-2010, 8:26 PM
Hum, Seems as though this is a repair/replacement on a single action - Outside of CA this is handled between the manufacturer and the owner - no FFL required. FFL is not needed for sending a gun to a repair shop or manufacturer.
In th/ e end I hope you like the new one.
really? i did notknow the atf would allow a new serial number to be issued w/ out new dros.

darn Kalifornia

Sheldon
10-15-2010, 10:15 PM
New serial number would mean a new DROS. Had to get a top end of a Ruger MKII pistol replaced and that is the serial numbered part on that model pistol. Had to go through a gunstore with a new DROS. Ruger did reimburse me all extra costs without a hassle.