PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a device to attatch a Lanyard to a Glock

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 11:03 AM
specifically a 19?

Thanks

charliesierra
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
specifically a 19?

Thanks

Not sure what you are refering to. You can just buy a lanyard and threat it through the tiny hole in the bottom rear of the magazine well. No "device" required.

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Probalby but I will have to take the "plug" out to do it. I was hoping someone made a plug with ring on it

NiteQwill
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't know of any plug with a lanyard attachment.

IMHO, you're better served WITHOUT a plug in your Glock (especially in a 19, which lacks the front cutout on the lower frontstrap).

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I know of any plug with a lanyard attachment.

IMHO, you're better served WITHOUT a plug in your Glock (especially in a 19, which lacks the front cutout on the lower frontstrap).

why is that?

zman
10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
This?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=179498

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/179498.jpg

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks Z

anyone know why I would be better off with out it? supposed to keep dirt out of the gun

NiteQwill
10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
thanks Z

anyone know why I would be better off with out it? supposed to keep dirt out of the gun

Negative. The hole is there to enable you to strip a magazine that induces a double feed (ever try stripping one with the plug in? Almost need baby-gorilla fingers. Now, imagine this scenario under stress.).

I suggest you take snap caps (with no live ammo in the same room) and replicate a double feed and attempt to remove the magazine with the plug in vs. without.

I carry a G23 daily when I'm back home and there is no issue with dirt/lint/whatever.

VictorFranko
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Probalby but I will have to take the "plug" out to do it. I was hoping someone made a plug with ring on it

Glock designed the gun with that opening to aid in stripping a magazine out of the gun.
Keeping that plug in there may cost you dearly someday.................

fullrearview
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Just use your hands....Best design out there!:D

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Negative. The hole is there to enable you to strip a magazine that induces a double feed (ever try stripping one with the plug in? Almost need baby-gorilla fingers. Now, imagine this scenario under stress.).

I suggest you take snap caps (with no live ammo in the same room) and replicate a double feed and attempt to remove the magazine with the plug in vs. without.

I carry a G23 daily when I'm back home and there is no issue with dirt/lint/whatever.

I see your point but dropping it would have the same results, although you cant throw it with a coiled lanyard, you will just hit yourself

thanks folks

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
I am gonna pull the plug and see if the clip will fit the hole

Greg-Dawg
10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Here you go.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/Pentaxasof3-3-08160.jpg

Turo
10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Glock designed the gun with that opening to aid in stripping a magazine out of the gun.
Keeping that plug in there may cost you dearly someday.................

What about grabbing the magazine baseplate from the sides to pull it out?

NiteQwill
10-15-2010, 1:05 PM

I suggest you try that. Use snap caps, double feed your gun and see if it is easy to pull at the baseplate. It's highly unlikely you will be able to strip the magazine without a few choice words.

rorschach
10-15-2010, 4:00 PM
No device needed, thats what the hole is for.

http://www.glock.com/english/acc_misc_lanyard.htm

tacticalcity
10-15-2010, 4:08 PM
As much as I would love to contribute I am just not a fan of lanyards. I can see how they would be useful if working from the side of an aircraft where wind and gravity might cause me to loose control of the weapon...but they seem like they would really get in the way of just about all of the techniques I learned in training would need to be modified to accommodate the lanyard. It is not something I would do, just to do. I would need a real specific need, that drastically overshadowed my other needs. Keeping the side arm from being taken from me, for example would only apply if I were in an situation where people routinely made attempts to take it from me. Not just the random possibility. There are holsters from Safari Land and retention training tacts that cover retention issues better.

VictorFranko
10-15-2010, 5:01 PM

You have about 1/8 inch of base plate on each side, far from optimal gripping surface, especially under the stress of a gunfight when your gun jams with a type 3 malfunction. Maybe your hand will be covered with slippery blood when the gun jams.....your blood.
There are times (maybe a damaged magazine was slammed into the gun) you really need to "strip" (violently with lots of force), not just "pull out" that magazine.
You can get a much better grip going fore and aft with your thumb up that hole that everyone seems to want to plug up :confused:

PS: just saw NyQuill's post. He gets it.

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 5:01 PM
it's for my bug out rigging only, drop the pistol and go for the carbine

Afterburnt
10-15-2010, 5:11 PM
Vic the plugs are gone, thanks

Turo
10-17-2010, 12:44 AM
I suggest you try that. Use snap caps, double feed your gun and see if it is easy to pull at the baseplate. It's highly unlikely you will be able to strip the magazine without a few choice words.

Maybe it's just that mine is a sub compact, but I can't get my fingers on the magazine at all from the front and the back. As in there's absolutely no way for me to get a grip on the magazine if I try to get the front and rear of it with my fingers. The front has the front strap hanging over it, and the rear is almost the same way... The only way to actually get a grip on my magazine is to grab it from the sides.

That, and I've never been able to introduce a double feed in my Glock, even purposefully.

VictorFranko
10-17-2010, 5:22 AM
That, and I've never been able to introduce a double feed in my Glock, even purposefully.

Set up:
Magazine out, slide locked. Insert a snap cap into the chamber. Insert loaded magazine (snap caps) and slowly release the slide.
Instant double feed!

Fix:
Slide lock (to relieve pressure on the magazine)
Strip the magazine.
Roll pistol to the right (to aid clearing)
Rack three times
Re-insert loaded magazine
Rack

Rinse and repeat until you can do it without thinking, and don't forget to add some lateral movement.