PDA

View Full Version : Yuba

Gray Peterson
10-15-2010, 12:32 AM

gotgunz
10-18-2010, 8:08 PM
Press hard enough and this county may become "no issue" like so many others.

Gray Peterson
10-18-2010, 10:56 PM

Guillory v. Gates makes it clear that once issued for good cause, that good cause is issued in perpetuity, it must be followed. Orange County happened (with Sandra Hutchens) because the folks down there didn't fight, and chose the political solution of defeating her, which didn't happen. There is no such thing as "No Issue". That violates Salute v. Pitchess.

You don't like us holding the sheriff accountable to the state statute, which was drafted to PROTECT license holders from having situations where you spend your entire fee and get denied, or get denied due to residency in a city, then you can take it up with the Legislature.

hoffmang
10-18-2010, 11:22 PM

Then it's not actually shall issue, is it?

It's something more akin to registering to vote as a black man in Mississippi in 1960 instead of the exercise of a fundamental constitutional right.

-Gene

gotgunz
10-19-2010, 8:45 PM
Guillory v. Gates makes it clear that once issued for good cause, that good cause is issued in perpetuity, it must be followed. Orange County happened (with Sandra Hutchens) because the folks down there didn't fight, and chose the political solution of defeating her, which didn't happen. There is no such thing as "No Issue". That violates Salute v. Pitchess.

You don't like us holding the sheriff accountable to the state statute, which was drafted to PROTECT license holders from having situations where you spend your entire fee and get denied, or get denied due to residency in a city, then you can take it up with the Legislature.

With all due respect, I have not personally read Guillory v. Gates so I am not in a position to comment on that. Am I to assume that once you are issued a ccw under pc12050 your good cause is valid forever?

I am very interested to hear the response to this one.

Then it's not actually shall issue, is it?
-Gene

In this county it is as close to shall issue as is possible. I know of nobody that has been denied unless they didn't reside in the county (and there have been a few in recent years.. specifically from the Bay Area) or were in a prohibited category.

Unless Brandon has discovered something through his records requests, that points to the contrary, I will stick with it being as close to shall issue as is currently available in California.

No offense to anybody but I am concerned when people that don't live here create waves that could makes things worse when there may not be anything broken here. Collecting fees upfront is clearly against 12050pc but if they issue to everybody (assuming that is correct) where is the foul?

Reminds me.... I need to go renew tomorrow.